Everready 1912.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redrooster, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Redrooster

Redrooster Member

Hi folks ive not been about for a while ive been quite happily shaveing with my attse2.
    But as you all know we just keep looking so ive been doing some reading on the gem blades and thought id like to try them 'so ive purchased an everready 1912 and 50 gem persona blades .
    Hopefully get everything this week so what can i expect is the 1912 going to be that much different to my att i normally ride the cap with the att can i do that with the 1912.
    Im ok with my technique i think i can get a shave with most any blade .
    Im quite happy shaveing with a Futur set at 6 or 7 so dont mind aggressive shaves.Not really used a de razor since i got my att se2 it was my first venture into single edge shaving i.think it was a good decision. Thanks for reading my rambling sammy.

dkeester, jimjo1031 and Karl G like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The 1912 was on the market for four decades for good reason. You'll do fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

A very nice razor indeed. I stay pretty much on the cap, or not far off at a maximum.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

When using my Gem 1912, I usually stay on the cap also. I just get off of it a bit when trimming my sideburns and goatee for an even line. You should like the shaves, very efficient.

Karl G, dkeester and twhite like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations. You will do fine with the 1912. It is a must have for SE razors.

Karl G, dkeester and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Enjoy your shaves!

Karl G, jimjo1031 and dkeester like this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The 1912 is an excellent razor and gives great shaves. I tend to start off with it flat against my face and then lift the back of it as needed to get that buttering toast sound.

Be sure to post up your results.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is pretty much my answer. Start flat and if you need ease up a bit. You will probably not need. Like @jmudrick said there is a good reason they were made for so long!

Karl G and Jim99 like this.