Fankenstick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Teiste, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I have created a monster,a stick monster,Frankenstick(or King Stick Kong).I followed Mama Bear instructions on how to melt a puck of glycerin soap and make your own shavestick from a cedarfurniturimen soap puck but something failed and I destroyed the container.Fortunately I did rescue my creation and there you go,a massive shavestick( and I promise that thats a shavestick:D,dont be confused...) of 110g.I fear that the stick breaks from its base since its too big and without the container its hard for it to stand by itself (its glycerin and its soft).Anyway,Im gonna try to shave with it on a while(today its me free day) and Ill see how it goes.If I dont like it Ill melted back on a bowl.

Attached Files:

2. negncic

negncic New Member

That picture is disturbing. :eek:

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

You know, it really is.

Welcome, btw, Negncic.

4. Chimensch

Chimensch Member

And I know why ... but I'm not going to tell you (phallic symbol).

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

My God, it's like you're READING MY DEEPEST THOUGHTS!!!!!!

6. Moe

Moe Active Member

Thay may not be a word I would use in this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:scared011

7. Teiste

Teiste New Member

guys,I thought the same when I took it out of the container....WHAT IS THIS??

8. negncic

negncic New Member

Thank you for the welcome and all the valuable information.
    :D

9. omegapd

omegapd New Member

it looks like one side of it burned. Did you use a microwave? How many seconds? If you want to take this to PM to not clog up your thread, feel free. I may be able to pass along some suggestions for the next attempt. :)

and yes, I'm not too sure I'd want anyone to see me rubbing my face with that. ;) :eek:

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Yeah,that was the problem,my microwave is not working as it should(damn cheap korean microwaves:happy102:happy102)I put the microwave on 160 degrees for just 10 seconds but it seems that the temperature was higher than that and thats what created the problem.I did rub my face with it and was like using any other stick.Its big but not as much as Tabac shaving stick (which is 100g),but of course,without the container.I will wait to received my Iced sub zero shave stick from JoAnna to see how a good work is done...

11. omegapd

omegapd New Member

the best part about J's shave sticks (and a few others) is that the containers are re-usable. Enjoy the soap and then melt your own into the container.

What did you pour the melted soap into to get the cedarman soap that shape?

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

An old spanish deodorant stick called "Rasgo" which was made by the same company that makes Brummel AS.Its a 110g container and I did ruin it with the high temperature,it would have looked so cool cuz the container was bright blue,anyway,lesson learned.Hope you enjoy ur Arko sticks.One of my friends is in Holland now and I told him to look for Arko and for DVH shavestick.

13. omegapd

omegapd New Member

If he can't find one, let me know. I'll be glad to pass one along to you.

EW

14. Teiste

Teiste New Member

THANKS ERIC!Thats a sweet offer from a gentleman!

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Boy, am I glad you mentioned it - I was already getting dirty thoughts :happy102

16. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Frankenstick died today...it was a monster but with a good heart..heheheheh,back to the bowl,without a container its hard to keep a glycerin based soap.Too bad...:ashamed001

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Torches and pitchforks will do that....:rolleyes:

18. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

sorry for your loss, but with the aforementioned "appearance issues", it may be for the best...:D

19. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Hey Teiste,

Thanks for the informative, and humorous, thread. After seeing your photo of THE SHAVE STICK THAT ATE THE CANARY ISLANDS I think I'll stay with pre-made sticks. :happy102 Even so, I certainly congratulate you on your first attempt. ;)

20. Henrique

Henrique New Member

Teiste... you should have put a disclaimer in the title. I'm at work....:happy102