Fatboy Differences

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Straight Arrow, May 21, 2007.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Does anyone detect any differences in Fatboys from different years? I have a '59, '60. and a '61 and I cannot detect any appreciable differences in the way they shave. Are all Fatboys identical?

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I have probably owned 8-9 Fat Boy's over the years. They are pretty much the same as shavers. I've only noticed subtle differences. This may have been due to damage from dropping or normal wear and tear. There are some variants out there that I would love to try……..as soon as my Lotto numbers come in. YMMV

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have several FB's ranging several years. I can not detect any major difference is the looks other than some had the black ring and others did not have the ring. This could also be attributed to wear of the razor but I'm not sure.

Raf

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I only have the one, but have seen several others. I can only attest to the way mine shaves (I love it), but the appearance, tolerances and finish appear to pretty uniform across the years.

5. MaduroMan_wcp

MaduroMan_wcp New Member

I have a 58 and a 61....the 58 shaves much better than the 61...and the 61 shaves much better than my 2 slims..