Fatip

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by chromedometone, Mar 26, 2015.

1. chromedometone

chromedometone Active Member

Bought a fatip grande and it arrived sealed in the package. I opened it to find a nice chip in the head. I have another on the way, but not a great start. I know they are not known for there craftmanship, but should I expect a really lousy product?

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No. These things happen, sounds like you were taken care of with a replacement. Keep us posted when the new one arrives. I'd like to hear how you like the way it shaves.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    How nice it would be to have a real brick and mortar store to buy our razors from.

BigMark likes this.
  4. chromedometone

I did receive it yesterday. I examined it and found some flaws in the head. But they appear to be in the plating (looks like a scratch in the finish) and at this point I just decided to hang on to it though I will never buy anything from that company again.
    I did have a shave last night because I couldn't wait. Now, I did not prep the best as I usually do for my daily shave and I believe my results reflected that. However, I can tell it is a more aggressive razor than the Merkur 34c I use daily, by a long shot. I am going to try it again tomorrow (saturday) when I have the time to devote to proper preparation and going slow.

maltedmilk and Jayaruh like this.
  5. chromedometone

Second shave this morning. Much better. Still nicked myself under the nose but the head on this thing is different so if you have to much of an angle, it's all blade. I think with a couple of weeks wOrth of shaves I will start picking this first. Didn't want to use it on the head just yet....but someday. On that topic I got a great head shave today with my normal 34c. BBS all the way on the head.

6. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I like the fatip but you need a custom handle for it the factory handles are lousy in my opinion

7. chromedometone

In my opinion the whole razor is poorly made. I wanted to go with something more aggressive but didn't want to spend a fortune. after using it and getting used to more aggressive shave I will probably save for a better razor. I'm no perfectionistbut at neatly 30 bucks I expect at least a piece that does not come from the factory flawed And with sharp edges from machiNing. I know a Toyota is not a lexus but it still is assembled properly even I'd the material used to assemble it isn't quite as nice as the Lexus. But that's just me

BigMark likes this.
  8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I really like my Matador elegante. it's in the same price range, just a touch smoother. maybe not smoother, just less mean.
    but mine is made nice.

Ceferguson likes this.