Favorite Lime Aftershaves?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Mar 30, 2016.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I am a newbie when it comes to lime aftershave. The only one I've tried is Florida Water, and have become quite fond of it.
    I have been hearing very good things about Vintage Shulton Old Spice Lime, and English Lather Lime.
    So, I ordered some Shulton Old Spice Lime. How does this compare to others out there, including the Indian Old Spice Lime, currently being produced.
    What are your favorites? What makes them stand out?

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  2. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

The only lime I've tried is Captain's Choice. It happens to be my current go to aftershave and one of my top three! Very natural and soothing. Although it is linear, it dissipates quickly which allows me to use cologne.

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Here are the two lime AS that I have and Limacol is the one I prefer. The English Leather will look familiar to some people here, I won it in our latest raffle.

DSCN0248[1] (800x600).jpg

Found the Limacol on Amazon.

Dave

gorgo2 and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Vintage Avon Island Lime.

Troy M likes this.
  5. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I have had my eye out for this for long long time.

Dave

6. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I am very fond of Pinaud's Lime Sec and Citrus Musk. I didn't get much lime out of Florida Water. To me it smells like lemongrass with a hint of spicy something.

Lime sec was very sweet lime and nothing else. The citrus musk is milder with a lighter smell. They both last at least 12 hours on me.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Living in a small town, local shopping is limited. I visit the three independent beauty supply store as needed, Sally's (nothing on the shelf), and went in the mall so see what Ulta stocks (overpriced). After having a conversation with a clerk at one of the beauty supply stores, I hoped I'd persuaded her to get more Pinaud products in their store. A month later and I still haven't held a bottle of Lime Sec or Citrus Musk.
    Thank you @DDuckyMark for the 12 hour linger remark. Pinaud doesn't skimp on scent (see: The Veg) and now I can order online and be hopeful that I like these two also.

gorgo2 likes this.
  8. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Royall Lime is very good

But if you can find it anywhere the Pusser's East Indian Lime is AWESOME Yes that Pusser's they make a Bay Rum also and some good drinking Rum :p

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I love the Royall Lime. I picked up some Avon Island lime in a motorcycle bottle and that's nice too but not as good as the royall.

Douglas Carey and gorgo2 like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Avon Island Lime is a great aftershave. My favorite lime is Stephan Island Lime, comes in a huge bottle for around $7-8 the scent lasts longer than any other lime aftershave I have tried. Highly recommend either of these two.

gorgo2 and Robyflexx like this.
  11. DaltonGang

I'll have to research that one.
    English Leather Lime seems to be expensive. Why? Is it that good, compared to others?

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  13. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Let's see if I can remember all of the lime aftershave I have:

Aqua Velva - Frost Lime
    Avon - Island Lime
    Booster - Iced Lime
    Captain's Choice - Lime
    Citrocol Lime
    Dominca Bay Rum Lime
    English Leather - Lime
    Pinaud Clubman - Citrus Musk
    Pinaud Clubman - Lime Sec
    Royall Lime
    Skin Bracer - Dry Lime

Avon's is the best, most true lime scent, which lasts the longest.

gssixgun likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've always appreciated your expertise - would you mind doing a brief review of each of those? I've not tried most of those and I'm out of Avon's now (broke my last bottle several months back) but always found it excellent. Tried Royall a few Travel Boxes ago; it was good but liked Avon's better.

Stephan's BR was always my all-around fav so I'm curious about their lime.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

BTW...does Old Spice Lime smell basically like OS with lime EO added? If it does, I have both and will just whip up some of my own.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've never had any but it's probably simply because it's loooong out of production.

Primotenore likes this.
  17. gregkw1

I am now suffering from (ASAD)
    After Shave Acquisition Disorder [​IMG]

ninjack and richgem like this.
  18. DaltonGang

Nice travel kit.
    I've got that much in all Avon Spicy.
    A couple of Deep Woods, a Tai Breeze, Wild Country, and some Brisk Spice.
    You don't want to know about my Shulton Old Spice.

19. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

That'll take some effort. Some of these vintage ones I've only used once or twice. And it's been a while. I'll see what I can do shortly.

And I appreciate your nose when it comes to evaluating Avon scents and comparing them to others.

20. gregkw1