Favorite slant razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LKLive13, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My first was a 37C and I sold it. Then a friend of mine sent me one and I gave it to my son. I have only one slant and it's really a copy, albeit a REALLY nice copy of the Merkur.
    Hoffritz Slant
    IMG_7941 copy.jpg
    I concur with the opinion that a slant bar addresses a problem that doesn't exist. I use a variation of the Gillette Slide, which I dubbed over two years ago, The Primo Glide...
    http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=30903
    I like the looks of my Hoffritz, but I don't need a razor torquing my blade to achieve a guillotine cut. Some guys swear by them, and in the end, if you get the results you are looking for from a slant, go for it. :happy088:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I think you'd be very happy with this one.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I owned a Hoffritz slant. Beautiful looking razor. Worst shave I've ever gotten. :) I tried using it on two separate occasions, and ended up selling it quickly. I like the concept of a slant, but can't bring myself to try them again.

Edit: Merkur made razors for both Hoffritz and Cole's. So it 'is' a Merkur razor, though made to someone else's specifications.

Linuxguile and Primotenore like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I get a good shave from my Hoffritz. No worse than with any other razor in my den. I also could get a great shave from my 37C, no surprise there.

Linuxguile and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I'm still new to DE shaving and by far no expert but I love my Razorock 37. With a two day growth and a persona blue I can get a great two pass shave with a third pass clean up. Have actually considered trying it as an everyday razor. It's one that I think I'll keep for a very long time!

Linuxguile likes this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I own a MerkurC37 and a Maggard slant, I like the Maggard more. I'm going to get a PAA bakelite soon though.

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, now I have the Maggard slant. It is now my favorite.
    Maggard slant_03.JPG

Tdmsu, cliffb599 and jmudrick like this.