Favorites for less than $30??

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by FortWayneShaver, Jul 12, 2012.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    ??? Drawing a blank here. Give me some more clues.
    [​IMG]

2. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Stan rhymes with Can :o

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. Devildog

Devildog New Member

I love Proraso and Speick and Erasmic isn't bad either. All in the $15 range

4. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

+1 C.O. BIGELOW. I usually find the buy 2 get 1 free sale.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Fitness Soap which runs from $10 to $15 depending on when and where it is sold.

6. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Thanks all. I have been trying to decide what to get - I am surprised at the lack of support for Maca Root. I thought with all the positive (or seemingly positive) reviews of it, it may land in someones top.

7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Ahem...might I draw your attention to post #4?

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And post #6.
    I don't do "favorites." If a soap or cream, or any product, for that matter, is in my rotation, that means it's good enough for me to use and even recommend. Maca Root is in my rotation.

And as a side, I have never, and never will, pay more than $20 for any soap or cream. (I do have a puck of AoS Sandalwood, $26, but that was a gift)

Bird Lives likes this.
  9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    fify.;)

swarden43 likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    The Real Shave Co. Cream "concentrated moisturizing" shave cream is the same stuff (more or less) with a different fragrance for about $10 less. They are both made by the same company. That being said, I like the smell of the maca root a lot better, but both are top notch creams. If I had to live with only one cream for the rest of my life, it would be the Maca Root. It's one of the few creams that actually makes my face feel more moisturized after I shave (TRSC shave cream also is super moisturizing). Judging by reviews and personal experience, it would be safe to say that Maca Root is the Mitchell's Wool Fat of the shaving creams. MWF doesn't work for everybody, but for the vast majority who like it, it is their #1 "moisturizing" soap.

11. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

T&H Ultimate Comfort cream toeing the line at $30-ish.

Truth is ... T&H UC is the only cream I use. Tried many, but ... this (expensive :shocked002:) cream's performance helps me understand that (some) creams can hold a place next to my favorite soaps. Worth the cost to me ... otherwise, I'd just buy soap.

AOS lavender (travel size) under $15. Prefer my T&H cream ... plus the travel size is cheating in regards to this thread (I.e., low volume = lower price).

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Arko Ice Mint Shave Cream...well under $10, and is the first Arko cream with noticable menthol...
    Also, not a cream...but The world famous Arko Shave Stick is Da Bomb....and a stick for around $2 lasts for several months but the lather is worth paying a premium for....;)

I'm going to break bad one day and order one of everything that TSD store has in Old Spice scent....

PLANofMAN and GDCarrington like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sheffield's Brushless shave cream. Made in the U.S., no fragrance to speak of, does the job well, tube lasts a good while, and I can pick it up near me for under $2 regularly and sometimes on sale for a buck a tube. Yeah, I'm stocked up...need to get away from the VDH for awhile, I think I'll break out a tube.

14. soulska

soulska New Member

Trumpers GFT! i could eat the stuff its so good.

15. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

all of my creams have been sub $30, but I picked up some Barbon cream that so far I think is a great performer for the money.

16. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

My bad. I should have said the lack of MORE support ... :angry019:I curse myself in anger!!

PLANofMAN likes this.
  17. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Are there creams that cost $30? I'm way to cheap to spend that much on a cream, and only spent that much on a soap once. Having said that, I've got lots of solidly performing soaps including: Pacific, C.O.Bigelo, Godrej, Nivea, Viking, Tet-A-Tet, and Palmolive.

alpla444 likes this.
  18. raag

raag Member

GFT Eucris! But I don't think there are many creams at all over $30...

19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

WOW $30 for that id get about 17 tubes of WARS and 17 tubes of LIDER!!
    I like TABAC cream even though not many people use it, as most go for the soap or shave stick which I have not tried yet.

20. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

RazoRock's Cumba Cheech Orange Blossom & Jasmine