Feast Your Eyes, Gentlemen...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Edited due to possible rule breaking. Sincerest apologies.

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I don't think it is legal to post live ebay auctions, but yeah, that is a sweet razor. (#66?)

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Oops, is that for real? I will edit it out. Sorry. :ashamed001

4. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    We don't currently have any rules concerning ebay auctions. As long as you're linking to something legal, you're fine.

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

my bad, I get confused easily apparently.

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

In that case, I resubmit. Gentlemen, start your checkbooks!

CLICK ME

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Very Pretty

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Ah yes, but if you are a constant ebay mover and shaker... Head to the Vendors Corner. :cool:

9. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

For a minute, I thought you posted a picture of the Fusion :eek: Then I saw the new link. That's a beautiful razor.

10. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Pretty but whats the point. I mean all razors shave about the same. Certain types are more aggressive than others. So I am gonna pay $100+ dollars for eye candy. Nope not me. Good luck to who ever gets it.:D

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

That's nothing. If you watch the auctions regularly, you'll see old Wade & Butcher choppers going for $150 to $200 USD or more. A Gillette Aristocrat (gold) in fine condition with case and papers can go for $300 or $400. Toggles are rare and go for much coin too.

But you're right, Rick, it is a beauty!

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

A very nice razor :)

13. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Very nice indeed!

14. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I buy, but I don't sell. I just thought I would show this since they don't come up very often.

That's like saying all cars drive about the same. From a collectibilty standpoint, it doesn't get much better than this.

I have never seen an Aristocrat go that high. I have some very nice ones (sans paperwork) that I bought for around $40-$50. The Toggles definitely get up there, but, how often do you see a pristine #66 on the block? What's really funny is that the seller has no idea what it is (I know this from shooting him some messages).

15. PalmettoDuckhunter

PalmettoDuckhunter New Member

16. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I don't get it. That looks like an average super speed. I don't get why you would want to pay more than US $20 for it, although I could see kicking in an extra $10 for the case. Seems vastly overpriced to me.

17. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Noob, look at a superspeed then look at that.

The SS is small lighter and duller. The Aristocrat is bigger heavier and plated in Rhodium I think, which means it keeps its shine for a long time.

The fit and finish from one to the other is completely different. Balance is different etc...

18. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Okay. Went back and did the comparison- I can see some of the differences now, but I still don't get paying $100 bucks for a non-adjustible razor. I suppose I'm just a Philistine.

19. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Ha, ha, ha! You wouldn't be paying a $100 for this one either. Wait until this auction hits the last 10 seconds, and then you will see the fireworks. I will be surprised if the winning bid is below $300. ;)

20. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Very nice!
    I would be curious what it ends up to be.