Feather AS-D2

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Knox, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

First shave with the Feather AS-D2 (thanks, PanChango)

Derby Blade
    Semogue Boar brush
    Williams Mug Soap

This razor is so smooth it almost feels like cheating. My trusty Clubman Pinaud left scantly a bite, yet my face is as bare as if I had used my beloved Gillette Slim Adjustable.

And the thing just feels solid and heavy, like Stainless Steel should feel.

Worth the purchase! IMG_2184 2.JPG

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats x2! For the purchase and the shave.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Excellent.

I hope you enjoy many great shaves with it.

Douglas Carey and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. jar

jar Well-Known Member

It's a very nice razor. The Feather Popular is surprisingly nice as well.

Douglas Carey, RaZorBurn123 and Knox like this.
  5. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good razor for you! How would you be cheating? The Feather is outside my price range, but I have heard often that it is a great razor. Congratulations!

Douglas Carey and danbuter like this.
  6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I used that term in jest, because it just feels SO smooth. It is outside my price range new - I found a good deal on a used one.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Congrats!! Superb razor

Fluffyskiador likes this.
  8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Beautiful razor. I've always thought they were clean and elegant looking razors.
    I'd like to see what Feather could do with an AC style razor.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  9. Grick

Grick Active Member

Is it true you have to use them at a steeper angle than other razors? Many people are put off by it and sell it off.

10. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

You do ride the cap more, but it was not a big adjustment for me at all.

11. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I do not have this razor, but I know many do lack the skills to use a mild razor. We often see nonsense like "I have coarse beard so I need a more aggressive razor". Way too many are not able to listen to the feedback the razor gives and when they have been shaving with wrong angle they blame the lousy result on their "coarse" beard. A mild razor got a very narrow range of working angle.

Eeyore likes this.
  12. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I keep looking at the AS-D2. Maybe its time I take the plunge. After all its been over 2 months since I bought anything.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The one I passed along to Knox, I picked up used on the shave nook bst for about half of retail price. They are wonderful shavers, but mild. If you can get a good shave with a tech, you will get a good shave with the asd2 as well. My suggestion would be to put a WTB post on one of the forums, they come up for sale regularly and I would not be surprised if you got a lightly used one for about half of current retail pricing. About the only way you could tell the one I had was used, was just a slight imperfection in the knurling on the handle. Best of luck.

Knox likes this.
  14. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice.

PanChango likes this.