February '16 - 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Bama Samurai, Jan 31, 2016.

?

Which do you seek?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2016.
  1. The Purity of Perfection

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. The Perfection of Purity

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Neither/Other

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. (cookies)

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

February recap

IMG_1273.JPG

I decided to use February to get better acquainted with my Gillette Old Type and see which blades seem to work well with it. My top two seeds for the month were the Rapira Super Stainless & Gillette Silver Blue. In addition to those, I sampled 3 other blades. This made 5 different blades over 26 days. Some shaves were outstanding, others were just OK. I would be able to get a consistent DFS+ with any of these blades.
    Every shave with the Feather (6), Wilkinson Sword (3), and Gillette Platinum Plus (3) was a BBS. The Gillette Silver Blue was 4 for 6, The Rapiera Super Stainless, 3 and 3, and the SuperMax Super Stainless gave me 2 near BBS shaves.

It looks like I need to give the Feather, Wilkinson Sword, and the Gillette Platinum Plus a try in some other razors as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Chris’ @Bama Samurai March focus/rule thread!

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thanks for the kind words! Big thanks to all you guys who post here, we got moved over to shave school, and the passion and care you guys show to newer converts is invaluable.

Thanks also to @RaZorBurn123 for his support and for all the time he puts in with new guys in addition to doing his mod duties. Kudos Kerry!

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Well, February didn't go as planned for me :( due to my back pain early in the month I think I shaved a couple of times in the first 15 days. :eek: At least it felt like it. I do want to use my boar brushes more in March as I'm finding I enjoy them.
    Happy shaving!
    Kerry