February 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 30, 2017.

?

What razor or razors are you planning on using this month?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2017.
  1. Fatboy baby! All the way!!

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Gillette Slim

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Gillette Black Beauty

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Merkur Futur

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other Adjustable

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Shavette

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  7. Straight

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  8. I'll figure it out when I wake up everyday

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  9. I'm eating cookies - you all can worry about the razors.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Glad your daughter is getting into the program you have been waiting for. Prayers to all of you for success.

When I have a small brush, I bowl lather; load it up, smear it off in the bowl, then load it again. I use a few brushes that are too small to load up for a full shave.

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Praying for you and your daughter, John. I hope everything goes well with the treatment.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm praying for your precious daughter and for your family as you live apart for the next few weeks. It's a blessing that you all live relatively close to a renowned children's hospital.

4. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Sounds great that your daughter got into the program. We will pray for a successful run in the program and a positive outcome.

And oh, nice days shaves.

All our best to the family.

5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

B-400 by Tom White with Omega 20107
    Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
    Blackland Blackbird OC
    Feather HS #1
    Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina Aftershave
    Myrsol Aqua Balsamica

[​IMG]

6. wristwatchb

/enabler ON
    I took the plunge on a Simpson's Chubby 2 in Super and Castle Forbes Lavender shave cream. I've had my eye on these items for awhile. Great prices and free shipping on Shaving.ie if anyone is interested.
    /enabler OFF

7. wristwatchb

Mark, great setup and terrific SOTD photo! Your Blackbird is an awesome looking razor. :happy088:

8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Very nice! That is going to be one soft wall of badger.

9. wristwatchb

Thanks Jared!

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Fatboy February!!!!!

Special Edition!

February 21
    Razor - Delta Echo Steampunk Gillette New LC
    Blade - wilkinson-sword.jpg (1)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum, Lilac Vegetal

With the current raffle in its 7th day of drawings I wanted to take a day out of Fatboy February and put together a special edition shave! Somehow, the shave gods were either merciful or simply playful in the past two raffles because I was the first name drawn in both. That kind of luck does NOT run in my family nor my experience. So, the Delta Echo New LC, donated by @cmorris357 and the Jayaruh #46 from @Jayaruh miraculously landed in my lap. Back in December, thanks to the generosity of @wristwatchb with the help of @Salty Belle , a tub of Route 66 Sweeney Todd showed up announced. And, earlier last year a member who has since become inactive sent me 15 German Wilkinson blades, just because. Two years ago I received my "N" Mug from @Shotwell in a March PIF, but unfortunately, it died a horrid death by being knocked over by SWMBO a couple of months ago. But it remains in spirit.

So, today's shave - all of the PIF's/Raffle wins I have combined with the Burma Shave mug a poor substitute for the "N" Mug, and all finished up with the Mighty Veg - especially since it's been taking some heat lately. As one who is chosen I'm representing.

Shave summary - Two passes of absolute smoothness on a slick and rich lather of the Sweeney Todd, courtesy of the JR46. I changed technique on the lather a bit, adding water from the brush to the soap, shaking the brush dry, then loading. I added a touch of water as I worked on the face lather and had more than enough to make it the full two passes and the touch ups I did with plenty left over. The Wilkinson was so smooth I checked after a couple of strokes to make sure I had loaded the razor. Really nice feel and the result was the baby rocking away next to me. Great shave with some really fantastic products that were gifted by friends and comrades. Thanks to everyone who either donated or just outright PIF'd the items and thanks to everyone else who does this around here on a daily basis. It's part of what makes this community the BEST on the web for those of us who love shaving!

Feb 21 Freebies.jpg

SharptoothC, Drygulch, PLAla and 13 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Everything goes better with a Voskhod. :happy088:

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I've been told that I'm not all that efficient. Mostly by ex-wives so I am dubious of their opinion. Still love that I have a setting named after me. And it's dangerous, dark, and mysterious.

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You are doing great and learning fast! No need to push for a BBS. If it happens it happens but no reason to add irritation or potential cuts just to get that slight difference. I have to say I'm thrilled with your love of the Voskhod. And let it be known to all of you out there who are thinking it - no I didn't bribe him to say that, and the Cartel has not paid a visit on him. Move along now, nothing to see here. :scared007:

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I do believe Soap Commander is the latest being dangled in front of me trying to kick SAD into high gear. Charlie threw me the tub of Route 66, you enabled the Stirling.....and now Soap Commander has my eye. Oh you devious devils.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You survived travelling with a spike point then got yourself with the heel of this one. Irony on display.

twhite, Drygulch, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

If scent had a color, today's shave would be purple.

Brush - Maggard Plissoft 24mm
    Face Razor - GEM Damaskeene
    Face Blade - Personna GEM
    Head Razor - Gillette Slim
    Head Blade - Lord Super Chrome (2nd shave)
    Soap - Kiss My Face Lavender Shea
    Aftercare - Thayers Lavender Mint Witch Hazel

Got a little bit of focus back today. I don't count the head shave against my focus. I'm just finding that DE razors are better for head shaves due to weight and shave angle. The KMF Lavender was as good as KMF usually is. The scent is not overly strong. I got the KMF and the Thayers tonight at half off, so I figured it was a great opportunity to try out another lavender. It was lightly scented enough that it was pleasant and not overpowering. The Lavender Mint witch hazel I liked quite a bit. The scent doesn't linger, so I called it off with some Clubman Citrus Musk and felt it went well enough together.

I then had my first go at roasting my own coffee. I made two batches. The first was, shall we say, an espresso roast. The second was a light medium roast that I am excited to try in the morning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

twhite, Drygulch, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Kirk: Gentlemen, set razors to Neal!
    redshirt bloodbath.jpg

18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Feather on a stick. Either it's a new Jeff Dunham character or a potential Cinco de something shave.

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm hiding behind those guys when we transport. All red shirts.....guaranteed I won't be the one to die.

20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

This is awesome. It needs a permanent spot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.