February 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 30, 2017.

?

What razor or razors are you planning on using this month?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2017.
  1. Fatboy baby! All the way!!

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Gillette Slim

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Gillette Black Beauty

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Merkur Futur

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other Adjustable

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Shavette

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  7. Straight

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  8. I'll figure it out when I wake up everyday

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  9. I'm eating cookies - you all can worry about the razors.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I will be praying for all of you John.

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

That it is. I wouldn't even think it was possible to scratch mystery with this heel. Well, I can

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Value Focused February
    Day Twenty-One

IMG_1260.JPG

Magic, y'all. Did I mention that this cream is one of my top three fave scents? It is. Really like the AS as well. I think it retails for about $7 at drug stores. Reminiscent of LaCoste Pour Homme in the red glass. I like that cologne very much. Killed it two pass style with the Shark SS. Thinking about March Madness? @NCoxSTL - thoughts? Winter is moving back in, but one more day in the sun left. Other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a groovy Wednesday!
    :)

Drygulch, jtspartan, PLAla and 11 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Me? Thoughts about March Madness? Well, yes, actually but nothing concrete. Although rumor has it the cartel may be moving some heavy steel during March.

6. Bama Samurai

Heavy steel? Alright, cool.

IMG_1142.JPG

Just kidding. Hold my beer.

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well if you consider 240 blades heavy steel. I'm thinking they need to find a good home or two. But don't tell anybody. I'd hate for the secret to get out. :shocked002:

8. Bama Samurai

Loose lips sink ships. It's just between us (and the whole internet). Mum is the word.

9. Bama Samurai

Looks like a matched set!

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

February 22 (Wednesday) - Fendrihan Scientist aka living dangerously
    Fendrihan Scientist / Voskhod (3)
    Kent woodhandled boar brush
    The Eternal Tub of TOBS Avocado Cream ( croap )
    Alum and Thayers Witch Hazel Aftershave

The above quote nicely sums up today's shave.

A single diagonal pass with no touch up gave me a DFS+ and, more importantly, no blood. The Fendrihan Scientist feels more roughly aggressive than the Fatip Grande. Throughout the shave, it felt like an overpowered sportbike just waiting for me to tap the throttle a little too hard so it could dump me. I rode the cap and used the lightest touch I could manage while still having the razor in contact with my face. The result is not a BBS - but it's also the first time I have ever shaved with the Fendrihan without having several nicks or weepers.

I have to give a lot of the credit to the Voskhod. Unlike the Fatip, I can't see myself keeping the Fendrihan Scientist in my regular rotation, but on the occasions when I do use it, the Voskhod is clearly a good blade to choose. Tomorrow I will try it with the GSB. Unlike the Krona and Fatip, I wouldn't even consider loading a Topaz Platinum in this brute.

To be honest, I will likely just use the Fendrihan Scientist a couple more times to prove to myself that this razor hasn't beaten me, and then I will unload it on someone who actually likes shaving with DE razors like the Muhle R41. It's an extremely well made stainless steel razor but just too touchily aggressive for my tastes. Anyone here interested?

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

My thoughts are with you and your daughter for a successful therapy.

12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

You did the right thing, an awesome brush and some awesome CF. :happy093: I have both and you choose well.

13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Wow! Great picture, Mark!

14. Norcalnewb

There is no doubt that Setting Neal can bring some blood. A little bump on the face? Setting Neal will take that right off for you! A little nick? Setting Neal will turn it into a gusher! Yep, Setting Neal can bring some blood if you aren't careful.

15. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I just want to thank you all for your outpourings of support. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. If I did, rest assured that it was an oversight and not a snub.

16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Definitely the shave of the month!

:happy096: :eatdrink047:

17. Norcalnewb

IMG_5024.JPG

February 22 SOTD:

Razorock Plissoft Brush
    La Toja Shave Stick
    Gillette Fatboy
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Supply Provision Co PS Tonic

Gym shave this morning, and I wanted to do a Fatboy February shave. Really not a lot to say about this shave. Smooth and easy. The Fatboy is so familiar to me, I can almost go on autopilot. The La Toja performed well, as it normally does, and the Supply Provision Co PST is a decent finish. I hope everyone has a great day!

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Keith! :bounce015:

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My prayers are with your daughter and your family for a successful treatment and recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.