February 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 31, 2018.

?

What type is your favorite razor?

1. Vintage DE

23 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Modern DE

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Vintage SE

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Modern SE

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Straight

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. Pain Stick

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. I'd say carts - but I don't want to admit it

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Razor schmazer - pass the cookies!

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Favorite February

February 22 - A week with Tabac - Day 2

Razor - Gem MMOC
    Blade - [​IMG] ASR Carbon - CVS (3)
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - Jayaruh #54
    Post - Alum

Head shave night and all went well there. Just the usual Merkur 23c w/ Arko for the win. No issues. On to the regular shave and it's day two of Tabac. Used the JR54 brush to get the quick and easy lather and did a full three passes. Very smooth shave from the OCMM and Carbon blade on its third day. WTG, XTG, ATG and no issues and the alum remained nearly silent. I'm beginning to think of this razor a bit like riding a horse. This thing knows how to do its job and can do it well if you just "give it its head" and let it go. Keep it aimed in the right direction and let it glide and you end up with a great BBS like tonight.

Off again tomorrow and I'll be at the eye doctor in the afternoon for a bit. Time for new contacts. And there's a package waiting for me from the Motherland at the P.O. to pick up so I'll be swinging by there. I can smell the steel from here.

Have a great Friday tomorrow!

February 22 2018.jpg

Screwtape, Linuxguile, LOOT and 11 others like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I feel bad for him. Here Boraat finds out his blood pressure medication is on a doping list he didn’t even know pertained to him. He figured since it is a curling requirement to be legally drunk while playing, they certainly weren’t checking his prescription meds.

3. PickledNorthern

Live from the Kirstie Allie webcam:

[​IMG]

4. PickledNorthern

The whole team is from MN, except a couple of them who are from WI. We let them on the team cause they get the better deals on the beer.

Screwtape, RyX, Linuxguile and 12 others like this.
  5. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

In Canada, anyone who brings beer is on the team by default.. actually if you bring any kind of liquor you make the team . Whomever roars the loudest is then promoted to skip.

Screwtape, RyX, Linuxguile and 11 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Oh that's brutal. Funny, I mean hysterically funny...but brutal. Do it again!

Screwtape, RyX, Edison Carter and 8 others like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Pick me up a couple of packs of contacts too. -9.5 for right eye -8.5 for left eye. Thsnks in advance!

Norcalnewb, LOOT, sdguero and 5 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I’ll be praying for Ms. Chick. I hope you arrive home to find she is fully recovered.

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you all! I appreciate the well wishes. I got home to a very sore wife. She is bruised and may have some sprains. We are going to see how she feels in the morning before going to a Doctor. She is sleeping now. It’s good to be home

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Always happy to help out.

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, sdguero and 5 others like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

Hope she is feeling better today, Brian.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I know you are glad to be home. Praying that a good night of rest helps and that everything is ok.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 23, 2018
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Modified Gem PTFE
    Chubby 2 Jade Synthetic “Tres Amigos”
    Jeeves Bay Rum
    Krampert’s Bay Rum Aftershave

[​IMG]
    What a week. I am glad that it is Friday and more importantly it is my wife's birthday. Even Asha is coming back in from Tuscaloosa today will make my wife's day. I continue to enjoy the Jeeves Bay Rum soap. After whipping up a rich slick lather I went with a traditional 3 pass shave followed by touch ups along my jawline and neck left me with the baby in sight. I decided to buff my lower right neck and caught the little guy. A splash of Krampert's and I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Screwtape, mrchick, RyX and 9 others like this.
  15. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Glad you made it home safe & sound, Brian! Hopefully she feels better when she wakes up, and doesn't require a doctor's care.

RyX, mrchick, Edison Carter and 4 others like this.
  16. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to your wife, Clint!!! :greet002:

Awesome photo! You've got the "studio shots" down pat! Have a great Friday!

mrchick, RyX, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  17. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Used some Stirling Almond Creme AS this morning and it lit me up and turned my face red. Had to wash it off and replace it with B&M Latha AS. I have several Stirling AS’s that don’t cause reactions. This one was a sample I’d used before, and didn’t have this kind of reaction to. Weird.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I ain't that smert...but that right there does not sound fun a tall.

FaceScraper, RyX, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Andrew. I finished 20 rounds of radiation therapy. I have had 2 chemotherapy treatments, which I might add are kicking my butt. :)

I may try and shave my head today, so I can use some of the products I received from Alex of Russia.

20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Yeah, no. On the bright side I now know how those Nazis at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" felt, but I'm still here and not in need of plastic surgery. So there is that. The sample is now in the PIF basket and will likely end up as a bonus to someone's shavey award. Assuming they are brave enough to go there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.