February 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 31, 2018.

?

What type is your favorite razor?

1. Vintage DE

23 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Modern DE

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Vintage SE

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Modern SE

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Straight

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. Pain Stick

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. I'd say carts - but I don't want to admit it

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Razor schmazer - pass the cookies!

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Perry @PLAla your son’s shave of the day set up is the best one for February. You can be proud!

I haven’t shaved since Saturday so my appearance here has been hit and miss. I’m planning to shave tomorrow using the CJB pain stick Keith @Keithmax sent me. I’ve been pondering and meditating about it the last few days.

C4167A57-4DF8-41F7-A815-F27198ED144D.jpeg

Anticipation, anxiety, fear, and excitement have all been quelled through the power of meditation. I have reached the level of peaceful calm I seek. I will succeed!

I will see you all in March!

9nein9, Linuxguile, Drygulch and 10 others like this.
  2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Wednesday February 28 - Feb Faves closing

IMG_00000174.jpg

Supply Co. V.2 Single Edge injector on two-dot plate / Personna (5+ ?)
    Supply Co. silvertip synthetic brush
    The Dry Dock shaving bowl
    TSD Bay Rum lanolin soap
    Alum and Jeeves Bay Rum splash

For the last shave of February, I stayed with the TSD soap but used the excellent Jeeves splash to match the Bay Rum. The Supply Co. synthetic brush did its usual job of whipping up a great lather in The Dry Dock after I loaded heavily in the tub. Two passes with the Supply Co. SE brought me to a fine DFS. I think I had used this blade a bit too long though: the first pass was very tuggy as though each individual whisker was resisting being cut; second pass felt fine. The solution was easy of course -- I binned the blade after the shave...

For February, I used a variety of favourite razors. I also acquired a splendid wooden lathering bowl from Jason @jtspartan, and nicknamed it The Dry Dock after it proved able to handle my huge Kent BK12 badger brush, also known as The Soap Aircraft Carrier. With a bowl able to handle the brush, I also used the Kent BK12 for a week or more worth of shaves this month. I spent most of the month using three of my four TSD soaps and two matching TSD Milk Aftershaves. All performed excellently while having very pleasant uncomplicated scents. A plus for these soaps is that they come in wide diameter tubs with enough free room above the soap that even my Kent BK12 could load in the tubs without mess.

All in all, it was a month of great shaves with equipment that performed well. As always though, I think the best part of the experience was sharing it with this group. I look forward to March.

Well, maybe I look forward to March... In a weak moment I agreed to join the Beginner Shavette Group here and do shavette for a month and I am already starting to wonder if I need to update the Next of Kin contact on my medical card and maybe update my Will...

mrchick, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 12 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Dan!

9nein9, Linuxguile, Drygulch and 4 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great shave and report, John!

9nein9, Linuxguile, Drygulch and 5 others like this.
  5. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Decided on a classic Colgate soap and Clubman shave today. Felt great nice month of shaves looking forward to not cutting my face with the Luxor next month. Speaking of next month where's the March focus thread?[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

mrchick, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 12 others like this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Glad you had safe travels!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LOOT, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  7. SharptoothC

That's hilarious!

LOOT, Linuxguile, Drygulch and 5 others like this.
  8. SharptoothC

You need to find a way to shave with that for Mayhem.

LOOT, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  9. SharptoothC

Finished off the month with my GEM Damaskeene, Omega 10049 Boar, Stirling Red Eye aftershave, and the super secret new soap base I am being a guinea pig for. I've used it five consecutive days, which may be a record for me with any soap. It's a fantastic base and I look forward to being able to share it.

Gonna start March off right tomorrow with the Feather pain stick.

9nein9, Linuxguile, Drygulch and 9 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Favorite February

February 28 - A week with Tabac meets a week with the Fat - FatBac - Day 3

Razor - Gem MMOC
    Blade - [​IMG] ASR Carbon - CVS (4)
    Soap - FatBac
    Brush - Stirling Pro Style Synthetic
    Post - Alum

No picture tonight due to some technical issues. Let's just say it was another great shave and a near-BBS finish. I'm going one more day to get my 30 in with the OCMM. March thread opens momentarily. A day off from work tomorrow. I can use it.

mrchick, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 9 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

LOOT, mrchick, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

No shave to finish out February. I did get in more that 14 shaves in the 28 days, so I got that going for me. Mixed it up between vintage and modern, DE & SE, strolled through my soaps and AS, and I think I used each brush at least once.

I've got a Luxor type 1/2 DE blade shavette and a Weck that uses longer blades that may make an appearance next month. No promises. Flibbertigibbet!

13. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

So here it is March 1st already and I did my first shave with the Luxor pro for March madness this morning it was not a close shave at all I have a lot of learning to do. I ended up having to go back over it with a DE. Before work lol.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and wrap up John.

15. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Thanks everyone for the awesome posts in February. I haven't been able to participate as much as I would like, but I had a good month following along. See you on the March thread!

mrchick, Norcalnewb, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  16. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Thanks, Clint. You and the other posters made this a great month for me.

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, PLAla and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.