Feeler: Any interest in a pre-War Tech PIF?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by John Ruschmeyer, Mar 15, 2018.

?

Would you be interested in a PIF for a user-grade pre-War Tech?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2018.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Between a recent trade and an impulse eBay bay, I find myself with 4 pre-War Gillette Techs in varying conditions. I'm thinking that I really don't need that many and it might be a good idea to PIF one.

If I did this, it would be a user-grade pre-War Tech with Nickel plating. The plating is mostly intact on the head, except for a bit which has flaked off the end of the cap. The handle, though, is brassed fairly heavily with the red brass as the predominant color in places.

The pre-War Tech is one of those razors which everyone should try at some point and which many swear by. I know, though, that may also prefer their razors to be "pristine". So, I'd welcome your feedback and, if it looks like there is interest, I'll create the formal PIF early next week.

Jim99 likes this.
  2. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I have three, two with no plating, (the way I prefer them) and one with a little plating loss on the cap. You are correct, everyone should have at least one, they are great little shavers that will put many other razors to shame.

3. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

If you PIF it, they will come. If you do a pass around box, many can sign up.

Jim99 likes this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

A PIF will draw anyone who doesn’t already have a tech and there are quite a few newbies here now. A pass around could be fun for you and all that participate and you could PIF it at the end. Since everyone pays for postage in a pass around, you only pay postage once.

Either way you go, it’s a generous gesture.

5. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Already have one with a fat handle and triangle slots. For such a mild razor, the results are great.
    Not interested in a PIF, but anybody that hasn't tried one, should.