Fellow Head Shaver Checking In

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by gwsmallwood, Jul 24, 2014.

1. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

HolyRollah kindly pointed me to this forum. I've been on the site for a few days and really appreciate the tone and the participation here. I'm a member of some other sites, but this is quickly becoming my goto.

brit, theFAT98, txskimo and 2 others like this.
  2. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Welcome! Head shaver my self :) These guys are great and super knowledgeable :)

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I head shaved for a while when my grandson lost his hair due to chemo. I even got one of those little head shaving razors. Well, I found out I had a melanoma on the top of my head and had to have it removed. I am back to hair again.
    welcome.jpg Enjoy your stay.

Enrico likes this.
  4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Hi gwsmallwood. I shave my head every other day. I'm not sure that I will ever go back to cartridges.

BigMark likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

6. baldeez88

baldeez88 Member

Hello fellow head shavers!

Shotwell likes this.
  7. gwsmallwood

Welcome.

8. baldeez88

baldeez88 Member

Thank you.

9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Welcome baldeez88!

10. baldeez88

baldeez88 Member

Thank you Troy M.

11. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I use to like shaving my head.....now I love it. The wife is trying to grow accustomed to it though haha. Maybe now she knows what I feel like with all those hours spent in the bathroom each week.

baldeez88 likes this.
  12. chromedometone

chromedometone Active Member

Hi. New to the DE world but have been shaving head for years.

13. allicedout

allicedout Member

Hey everyone, just signed up today and ordered some starter gear....... Head shaving with the DE? I'm interested, used cartridges for a while but then went back to the electric clippers. I always loved the clean head shave but found the cartridges just left a bad burn no matter how expensive or new. Anyhow I'd definitely need to get use to shaving my face before I even attempt my head with the DE. Nice to see there are quite a few head shavers here!

14. gwsmallwood

Welcome. Check out the shave clinic posts. Most, if not all, of the information in there applies equally well to head shaving.

Don't be nervous about going straight to the dome, especially if you get a moderate to mild DE. I started on my head first, and didn't have too much trouble. The most I've ever nicked myself was 3 spots in one shave. They were very minor and closed up with just a splash of cold water. They also had more to do with my skin being dry than my misuse of the DE. Start slow with a mild razor and you'll be fine. I'm actually getting ready to attempt straights, although I'm starting with just my face for a while with those.

allicedout likes this.
  15. allicedout

allicedout Member

Thanks for the info, I purchased an Edwin Jagger DE89 as my first. I'll do my do dilagence before diving in to anything. Love the support here!

gwsmallwood likes this.
  16. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

Good razor choice. It might seem heavy at first but you'll learn to like it. My Super Speed almost feels to light now and unnatural.

gwsmallwood and allicedout like this.
  17. Elton w

Elton w New Member

Well , I got into wet shaving , about 4 months ago with the intentions of growing a crazy bushman beard ,
    Yeah that sounds odd , so primarily iam a wet head shaver . Except for a couple patches under my eyes and lower neck.
    so all of my razors have at one time been used on my head , lots of input too say the least , due the fact all I own is vintage gillettes.
    It's very rare that I don't bleed every time I shave , lol , the worst being when I decided to use my black adjustable cranked too 9 for a couple weeks , the best was my original super speed flair tip ( 1950 ish) , and recently adjusting the black adjustable too 3 ! Lol , also using Astra blades, in both.
    Say the least even after all the cuts I haven't let a cartridge touch me since sometime 2014 , no looking back !!
    Another note is that heavier razors seem to work the best , I have an older aluminum model ( not sure on exact model ) and it was another blood bath ,
    Glad to have found this forum

18. brow_tines

brow_tines Well-Known Member

I also shave my head, due to genetics ;) lol

"Knothead" Tim likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

So you have a perfect head that's too nice to hide. My hubby has one of those too & I love it.

theFAT98 likes this.
  20. Austinoire

Austinoire Active Member

Guess I'm late, but checking in anyway. Maybe we can start the thread up again.