Few days growth . Burn areas PICS

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hoss304, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Nivea products . I shave my head also so I use alot of lotion etc . I have the Voskhod blades to try out. They will be my 3rd blade .
    Derby Extra
    Feather Hi Stainless
    Voskhod
    My first DE razor was a generic one . The Feather Popular was suggested to me so it's now my go to razor . I'm looking into a Merkur or something nicer if I can get used to a DE shave . I went from one extreme to the other with Derby to Feather . I couldn't seem to get a .. what I consider good shave from the Derby . I'm still learning and trying new stuff . I didn't even know what a alum block was until joining this forum . Or witch hazel lol .

2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

My neck is pretty sensitive. Much more than my face anyway. What I've found that works well for me is to first shave North to South at angle toward my shoulder. Meaning, when I shave my right side I go down toward the right at a bit of an angle and left on the other side. Then I go South to North (against the grain) on the next pass. Then I go across the grain toward the center on the third pass. Often times I do this with just water after a rinse.
    I've found going across the grain to be more aggressive on my neck than my face. I have to save it for the third pass on my neck instead of my face which is my second pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Looks like the hair grows in all kinds of directions. It is going to be a technique issue, not equipment.. You will have to figure out all that crazy growth. The only way to fix burn is to not get it. All the pre post or whatever is not going to help. My advice would be to start your shave by going whatever direction you need to in those areas, then avoid them until you finish the pass. Then again start the nest pass taking care of them. The hard part if figuring out the direction you need to go. After that it is technique with light pressure angle and such. Just my .02.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Okay, here's my take. You may want to try a 30 Day Rule. One razor, blade, brush and soap. Technique will come along for the ride. I've basically been Focusing since coming here in November '16. My technique vastly improved as I auditioned blades for my various razors. Good luck!

wchnu likes this.