Finally used my PAL

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Birdie, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I finally got the chance to use my PAL razor. I loaded it up with a Schick injector blade, and I must say that was by far the smooth shave I have ever had. While I work on the right angle and pressure I am keeping set to the medium setting. I think when it is time for a blade change I will turn it up some. Now I can't wait to breakout my other two injectors.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Adjustable Pal?

3. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

Yes it is.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Maybe one day I will get a Pal adjustable or non-adjustable.

gorgo2 and GDCarrington like this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

So one of these eh?

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. Used mine this morning.
    Strange, but you would think "L" would be Low and mild and "H" would be High for more agressive. Just the opposite. I dialed mine to L and had a great shave.

7. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

At first I got it cause it was different than all my others. Once I found out they still made blades for it, I had to get some and try it.

Attached Files:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The PAL non adustable does not look like the one above. The PAL adjustable is based on the Personna razor that should be represented in a museum of modern art.

Luziana_Geezer and gorgo2 like this.
  9. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

WOW. I like the commercial.

gorgo2 likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It's tied for 1st for my all time favorite injector but there's a reason it's not #1. If you haven't seen it, there's a now-ancient thread around here somewhere about bad QC seen in some examples of this razor. Don't ask me how I know...it still hurts.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Interesting they show the Silver Star razor (Pal's own, I believe) as a '20s era DE. Were they afraid Gillette would sue?

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Yes and also they were afraid to alienate consumers by insulting other products directly. Remember these were the days when Brand X was the benchmark! The WooHoo served in this commercial as Brand X or Y!

gorgo2 likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

THAT was cool!

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. jonmich

jonmich Member

The best explanation I have read about "L" or "H" is themba's in 2011. http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/pal-injector-razor.24417/page-2
    I have found that "L" is mild and "H" aggressive, the secret is to keep the handle at a low angle to the face and use a sharp blade like a "Chick", but watch out when using it towards "H".

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Used my PAL this morning dialed to H. I discovered that by holding it with the handle closer to parallel to the area I'm shaving, it is more aggressive than when set to L. Thanks for linking back to that post and helping me get a better shave!

GDCarrington and Lexicon Devil like this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Pal adjustable is a nice razor, very futuristic for is time.

GDCarrington likes this.