Fine Accoutrements L'Orange Noir Aftershave Splash

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bscarpenter, Sep 27, 2016.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I picked up a bottle of this from Amazon based on some good things that I read on this forum. I also have some Stirling Orange Chill soap that needs a complimentary aftershave that has more staying power than my Lucky Tiger. The Orange chill has a straight up standing in an orange grove scent. After shaving with the soap, I splashed on a good amount of the L'Orange Noir. I did get a fair amount of feedback form the rather aggressive razor that I used prior to splashing on the aftershave. I think that the fine aftershave does provide a good amount of feedback (burn / cooling) and conditions pretty well. The smell started out Orange, but maybe orange zest with some cedar and, earthy spice (not sweet). After a minute or two it settles into what I would describe as a "mysterious orange". This is not a strong smell, but subtle and luxurious. So far I have tried the Fine L'Orange Noir and Santal Absolut and find them both to be top notch and top contenders in my rotation.

2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

This scent is based on Terre d' Hermes.

You can find a variety if interpretations from various artisans.

Like Son of Zeus from Razorock or Windsor from D.R. Harris. I think L&L grooming just released one called
    TRISMEGISTUS.

3. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Well-Known Member

Absolutely divine smell. More on the fresh side than earthy despite its name "Earth of Hermès" I have yet to try the Fine clone but it is definitely on my list once I knock some of my current rotation down. Im running out of room!

L'Orange Noir has notes of orange, flint, vetiver and benzoin. Thanks for the review, this is definitely on my top 10 to try.

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

One of my favorites AS scents. I need to order a new bottle of the L'Orange Noir.

5. bscarpenter

Does anyone know of an off-brand cologne that has the same scent?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Fine L'Orange Noir is a great citrus scent. One of my favorites from the Fine collection. Scent has good longevity as well.

7. JR Reyes

If you google or do a youtube search for Terre D' Hermes scent duplicates, you should get some matches.

8. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Well-Known Member

Terre D' Hermes is cheap enough that I would not buy a clone of it. Pricier juice like Creed has some good options.... The best Creed clones come from Armaf IMHO Its so good in fact that I have contemplated buying a bottle or two for my soap making adventure.

9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I love the stuff! (Fine orange that is)

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Terre D' Hermes and Fine L'Orange Noir are two of my favorites. I suggest getting the real deal on the cologne if you can swing it. A bottle will last a very long time. I have the stronger Parfum version of the Terre D' Hermes, and one squirt is enough to cover this Kentucky Hillbilly all day.

Only on TSD will you see Parfum and Hillbilly used in the same sentence. :D

11. JR Reyes

:D

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I can't help but envision the product description when wearing Fine L' Orange Noir. Great stuff.

13. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Just used some Fine L'Orange on Sunday and your review of this cologne was very much like my experience was.

I give it a thumbs up.

Of course I had to pair it with Terre D'Hermmes cologne.

bscarpenter likes this.
  14. bscarpenter

I pair it up with Terre D'Hermmes as well and I might like the scent of the fine AS better.

Ksblazer likes this.
  15. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I was almost out of a bottle of L' Orange Noir so I kicked it up a notch. Don't worry I do have a backup of the original. I added a nice amount of menthol crystals, a little witch hazel, and some sweet orange essential oil.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.