Fine Accoutrements

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Marine68, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I been using Fine shave soap American Blend. This is my take and the things I look for in a shave soap.

1. Smells Great
    2. Easy Lather
    3. Lots of slickness
    4. Price is right

IMHO this is a very good soap that smells good that lathers very easy. I have really enjoyed using it.

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I have their L'orange Noir and agree with all you said.

TestDepth and Marine68 like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have American Blend, Platinum, and Lavender in their shave soaps. All are terrific quality. Have those matching aftershaves as well. American Blend is probably my favorite overall aftershave.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have Platinum, L'Orange Noir and Italian Citrus. All three perform great but I am not that impressed by the scent of Italian Citrus.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I think the aftershaves are much better than the soaps, I do like the soaps and have all. You won't go wrong with Fine.

Paul Turner and TestDepth like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Have the AB as well. I like it; not enough to re-purchase.

gwsmallwood likes this.
  7. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I feel like I’ve seen a number of people say that they’re underwhelmed by the Italian Citrus. I haven’t tried that one, but isn’t that’s the scent that they previously released and discontinued and people were dying for it to come back?

clint64 likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That's the one. It was my primary reason for me giving it a try. Maybe it was a case of not living up to the hype for me.

9. Flipper

Flipper Member

I guess I'm in the minority regarding Italian Citrus. I have both the soap and AS. I really like them, as does SHMBO, which is all that really matters. ;-)

clint64 likes this.
  10. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

Sounds like a win all-around!
    The thing that has always intrigued me about the IC is that its the only ADP-inspired soap I can think of that's a true hard soap/triple-milled product. All the others (Stirling, Razorock, Catie's Bubbles etc) are on the softer side.

11. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Same here. They work well enough, but they just smell ok to me. I get the same mostly soapy scent on all of them with faint hints of the unique fragrances in the background.

12. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I've been using the fine American blend splash the past two months. Smells nice...very barbasol

Paul Turner and Marine68 like this.
  13. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

So what will you buy in it's place?

14. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

My top brands thus far are Stirling, Mystic Water, and WSP Formula T. Barrister and Mann is a great performer, I just haven't found any scents I'm particularly crazy about.

Marine68 likes this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have Platinum, Green Vetiver, and L'Orange Noir in the soap form. Not a bad soap by any means, especially for the price aND it is tripple milled. The new RR soaps are in the same category IMO.

Tabac is still good stuff, to be honest Fine could have just released the soap on its own merit and I'm sure it would have done just as well without the comparison to Tabac.

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I have several Fine aftershave splashes that i really like .. my favorites are Platinum, American Blend and Italian Citrus

PicsArt_12-29-10.21.52.jpg

17. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Just recently purchased american blend. Very nice performance and not an overpowering scent. I also have snake bite which is all about the freeze. I agree they are top performers and priced on too. The other added plus was discovering that they fit perfectly in the vintage old spice mugs.

Keithmax and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think it's Barrister and Mann that has a soap I'd like to try next year-Spruce.

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I haven't yet tried Fine, but would probably open with Platinum.