First Adjustable-'66 Slim

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bobcat, Oct 2, 2013.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! Sounds like you're getting closer to dialing in that sweet spot.

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Well, we hit "7" together today, and yes it does demand respect there. I had a great close, nick & burn free shave though. I love the way the Slim handles.

"8" tomorrow.......

[​IMG]

3. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

My progression up the scale of aggressiveness can be compared to my settings progression on the Slim. When I got to 5/6 I loved the Ted Tip. At 7 I appreciated the New, Slant, and SE (still do). At 9 I moved into Str8t and R41 territory. It took me 6 months to get to 7, then 3 yrs to get to 9. Blade preferences changed dramatically along the way. YMMV of cpurse. Enjoy the ride your way.

ObiDon likes this.
  4. Robust Rob

Robust Rob Member

I like the blue old spice mug, never seen one before. I too love my "Slim"

5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

DLreno-I am about to go back through all my blades again with the Slim to better evaluate them and thin the herd.

Rob-Thanks! It is great to lather with because it is larger than the other OS mugs. They show up every once in a while. They were only produced in 1985.

ObiDon and DLreno like this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I had a great shave on “8” today. A close call on my chin, but sill a close nick free shave. I did pick up a little burn this morning though. No biggie….

I survived “8”, “9” tomorrow.

[​IMG]

7. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Suggest you only thin the blades you definitely dislike and hold onto the others. Some of those you may appreciate more a year or so from now.

8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

That is what I am going to do. I am going to start a separate thread on the blade safari later today. Thanks........

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I survived “9” today! Using a Personna Med Prep (3), and lathering with Stirling Scots Pine, I got my best shave to date with any DE. Close, nick & burn free! On a side note, the Slim was made the year I got my first Driver’s License, 47 years ago. Life is good!

[​IMG]

Daytonkb likes this.
  10. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

You are making me want to get my Slim out and give it a go at a higher setting. The highest I've tried so far is 5. The problem is that I'm currently trying a bunch of different blades in my EJ DE89L and I don't want to interrupt that process. I really need to be able to shave more than once a day! :(

11. JSJS4

JSJS4 Member

I haven't used a slim yet, but I do love my fatboy. I'm hanging right around the '5' also.

12. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

where did you get that mug? Is it an Old Spice?

Bobcat likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I really like my '67 slim. I tend to leave it on 8.

Bobcat likes this.
  14. ObiDon

Just when I thought I was done, now I'm on the hunt for that blue 1985 OS:love029:

Bobcat likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

It's the same….but different. ;)

Bobcat likes this.
  16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Nice. I'm digging the '65 I got a few weeks ago. There's something novel about using a razor as old as I am.

Bobcat likes this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just saw your question. Yes, it is a 1985 Limited Edition Promotional Mug. It came as part of a set with a matching brush. They turn up fairly often if you keep searching for them.

The brush is great too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ObiDon likes this.
  18. ObiDon

Mine just arrived today. The size is perfect and the color is amazing.

Bobcat likes this.
  19. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

My daily setting has settled in at "6".

[​IMG]

JRod22 likes this.
  20. Charles K

Charles K New Member

Very good review of a Slim, I haven't gotten mine fine tuned yet still working up.

Bobcat likes this.