First and worst?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shotwell, Sep 28, 2014.

1. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I've seen Petty more times than I've seen my mailbox. He never disappoints.

Shotwell likes this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My first safety razor: Edwin Jagger, DE89

Worst razor/shave: 1957 Super Speed

First concert: Rolling Stones, Cleveland, (with J-Geils) 1975 (I think)

Worst concert: Three Dog Night, Youngstown, Ohio (75-77?). People decided to leave during the half hour tuba solo.

Shotwell likes this.
  3. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

First DE-Merkur 23C
    Worst-BIC Blade in a...well anything.

First concert- Cheap Trick 12/30/1979 Long Beach Arena 7th row center. Major wow factor.

Worst show...that's tough. Most live shows are pretty good but Pat Travers was awful when he opened for Blue Oyster Cult 1981ish

Shotwell likes this.
  4. Serenityoli

Serenityoli New Member

First safety razor : Merkur 34C (started to wetshave a few months ago...)
    Worst shave : BRAUN 570c (or anything electric or battery powered for that matter...)

First concert attended : Rush "Roll The Bones Tour" in 1991

Concert I'm ashamed I attended : Black Eyed Peas... don't ask...

Shotwell likes this.
  5. Jom

Jom Member

First & Worst: New Long Comb........ i cut myself so badly with this razor.......... scared to try another LC

my best is my 83 black beauty

Shotwell likes this.
  6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

There're quite a few very nice first shows listed here, many of which I've seen too. Rush, U2, The Stones, J. Geils, Petty...

Shotwell likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

First Razor 70's model Schick adjustable
    Worst shave, there is competition for:
    Schick Adjustable
    Flair Tip SuperSpeed
    Merkur 37C Slant Bar..:)

Shotwell likes this.
  8. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

First DE razor: Microtouch One
    Worst Shave: GEM Micromatic - bled like a faucet LOL

First Concert: KISS at Wing Stadium. My cousin snuck me in. He was working security LOL I was totally awed!
    Worst Concert: I really havent been to a bad one yet LOL
    BEST Concert: Prince & the Revolution/Purple Rain w/ Vanity 6. I touched Vanity's butt and nobody would believe me! But I did! I totally palmed it! LOL *EDIT - did I mention I was only 17? ;)*

Shotwell likes this.
  9. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Only ever been to two concerts in my life , the first and probably worst was a group called Blancmange and the other was called the here and now tour, which was made up of lots of 80,'s bands...
    Abc, belinda Carlisle, go west, spandau ballet , etc.
    Only went cause the wife wanted to go, but it turned out to be quite a good evening.

Shotwell likes this.
  10. DapperCopper

DapperCopper New Member

First DE was a gillette TTO in the late 80s. It was also the worst. I just didn't know what I was doing. No prep.

First show that I remember was Drivin and Cryin with the Georgia Sattelites opening. Though technically the very first show was Black Oak Arkansas in 1974 just before I was born.

The worst show was a horrible version of Queensryche this past winter in Atlanta.

Shotwell likes this.
  11. Fangface

Fangface Active Member

First DE - Van Der Hagen rebranded Weishi about a month ago. Liked it so much I have a Gillette on the way.
    Worst shave - the disposables that have six to a pack, generic razors in a cellophane bag. Those are brutal.
    First concert - my mom took me to see my favorite band of KISS at the San Diego Sports Arena - I think in '78 - I was six. I remember seeing Gene fly to the rafters...then I feel asleep.
    Favorite concerts were probably the "all ages" shows I would go to with friends, seeing bands like Green Day, Seaweed, Nirvana, Chicken Shit Log Jam, Shelter, Propghandi - the "five bands five bucks" shows at the Howard Johnson's or even the VFW. One in particular is seeing Fugazi at the School of Mines and getting backstage, BS'ing with The band for a few moments before they took the stage and getting everyone's signature on a dollar bill. Used it as a bookmark for the longest time.
    Worst concert - a girl friend of mine took me to see Nelson...had I known we were going to a concert I might have worn a shirt other than my classic "Danzig" one lol...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Shotwell likes this.
  12. smithismund

smithismund New Member

First shave - no name DE when I was about 16 (gift from my parents and cut myself to pieces)

Worst shave - any number of disposable or electrics over the years

First concert - The Nice January 27th 1969 (i'm good with dates)

Best concert - really too many to mention, don't go often now because of failing hearing (may be some connection to the many, many gigs over the years). However the Led Zeppelin reunion in London in 2007 was memorable, especially as I managed to miss them throughout the 60s and 70s.

Worst - possibly Supertramp. Fell asleep twice during gigs of theirs.

Shotwell likes this.
  13. Warhorse

Warhorse Active Member

First shave - Gillette Red Tip. Still use it almost daily.
    Worst shave - Unamed model of DE razor, cut me to shreds.....still have it - won't use it and won't PIF it for safety.

First concert - Iron Maiden in Miami, FL. ( I have no idea what my parents were thinking when they let me drive 150 miles to go to a heavy metal concert when I was 17).
    Worst concert - Usher, I guess. It was a birthday present for my wife, but it's probably the "most out of my demographic" that I've ever experienced

fram773 and Shotwell like this.
  14. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Do you mean Ex girlfriend? ;)

15. Shotwell

Kalamazoo?

16. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Yeppers!

Shotwell likes this.
  17. Shotwell

Cool place. After my first marriage ended, I was driving my kids back home to their mom's and I heard a guy on WRKR say that there were still tickets available that night at Wings for the Sammy Hagar show. I pulled in there with 5 minutes to spare, then (because I was alone) maneuvered my way all the way to the front row, where Sammy high-fived me and actually handed me a margarita, and I got a contact buzz despite the "no smoking" policy in effect.

Adonis likes this.
  18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

First safety shave: Wilkinson Sword Classic
    Worst shave: GEM MMOC with hardware store SE blade. No fun.

First concert: either a concert with a classical orchestra or New Orleans Jazz (Max Collie and his Rhythm Aces). I can't recall exactly (I was about ten or eleven years of age at the time)
    Worst concert: Nope. I've been so lucky as to never have been to a bad concert.

Shotwell likes this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

First DE shave: my dad's '62 Slim.

Worst shave: it's a toss up between a Braun Electric or Gillette Fusion.

First concert: Disturbed, Stone Sour, Nonpoiny, Flyleaf and some local bands in 2005. Awesome show.

Best concert: Nutcracker 2011... rock concert. There was Landsdowne, Adelita's Way, Pop Evil, and Puddle of Mudd... me and my friends left before Puddle of Mudd because they suck.

Worst concert: none yet.

Shotwell likes this.
  20. Shotwell