First Shave Today With The Timeless Bronze .38 Gap SB Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill G, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Well I got around to a shave today with my new Timeless Bronze razor .38 gap SB.

My impression is the razor is a very smooth affective and efficient razor. The razor has weight to it so I found managing that weight is critical. I held the razor close to the head to manage that and used light steady strokes giving great results. The razor has a.38 blade gap but more blade exposure the reason in my opinion for giving the razor it's efficiency. The big thing is the Timeless Bronze likes the head angle or works best in my opinion with the handle more towards the face. This angle to me gave the best shave efficiency and smoothness with its head design YMMV.

This razor is unlike any other razor I have in feel and shave but as said by others smooth mild feeling and efficient. The razor gave me a DFS with two passes on the face and three passes done with a light touch on the neck area. Passes with the grain and accross some touch up on the neck against the grain. For me or in my opinion this razor likes a sharp razor blade YMMV.

Hot shower prep with Proraso white pre shave soap used was Shannons Bay Patcholuli Grapefruit (a great soap) razor blade was a Perma Sharp Super. I also think the Astra SP will be a good blade in this razor and I will give that blade a try down the road.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    john zeiger likes this.
  2. lancelot

lancelot New Member

Spot on review, Bill G. At least that's the way it worked for me. Handle close to face, not out, or it bites me.

Good job,
    Ron

Bill G likes this.