First Shave With RazoRock Mission...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Christopher Powell, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

My razors and brush came in the mail today! Today is not a shave day for me, but I had to at least try one of these beauties. So I loaded the RazoRock Mission head with an Astra SS (3rd shave) and screwed it onto my Utopia Care heavy handle. Because I was in such a hurry to try my new toy, I slapped some Barbasol on my face after my shower and went to work.

The first thing I noticed was that the RazoRock Mission if a far more aggressive razor than the Merkur 33C. The Mission doesn't hurt at all, it just removes a lot more hair per stroke than the 33C does. It took me a few strokes to find my ideal cutting angle, but when I did the shave was amazing. I received a 2 pass DFS and only had to touch up around my nostrils. I did get 1 small weeper under my nostril but I attribute that to me not knowing the razor yet. One thing I need to get used to is that the corners on the safety bar are pointier than my Merkur. Not sharp, just a little pointier. I cannot wait to shave again, this time with a new Astra SS blade and a great soap !!! I bought the head only because I have a wonderful heavy handle from my first ever safety razor. The head only cost $6.99 and from what I experienced tonight, it's a steal. Highly recommended !!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Spyder, Jorvaljr, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  2. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

This is a lot like the route I went. I started with a Merkur 23C and then I moved onto a Charcoal Goods head with a Bulldog handle. The head is similar to the DE89 but slightly more aggressive, so I think that it's a lot like the Mission. The DE89 style head blows the Merkur out of the water for me.

Spyder likes this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

The mission was what I started with.

Carbide Mike and Demidog like this.
  4. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello all, I have been impressed with the RazoRock mission ever since I tried it two or so years ago. I got one of the first ones when they had just Coe out onto the market. It is a very efficient shaver. At least it is on my light beard growth. I have had the opportunity to use many different razors on my journey through the traditional shave kingdom, and the Mission stands out as a great value.

5. Christopher Powell

I feel the same way. I have a relatively light beard too and I found the Mission to be very efficient !!!

Carbide Mike, Spyder and Demidog like this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I have the RazoRock Mission too and I love it too ;)

7. Christopher Powell

I have never tried an EJ razor. I'm pretty sure I will get one at some point haha !!!

Demidog and Spyder like this.