First shave with Soap Commander

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Had my best shave with Soap Commander yet, just now. I added about double the water I had been and wow, this soap is slick and protective. I thought it was before, but this added water really gave it some life tonight. I had no idea Soap Commander was that thirsty - that was an amazing lather for sure.

2. Legend In My Spare Time

Amazing Easter Shave with Soap Commander Integrity. I have been adding even more water than before just to see how far I could take it and was seriously impressed - it erupted even further into a voluminous lather. A fantastic shave. This is becoming my favorite soap more and more with each shave.

And the container is great too. I'm able to grip it and really build up a thick lather with Omega 49 with ease. Perfect size for loading your brush without having the lather spill out everywhere.

MoAllen and crackstar like this.
  3. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I had a similar experience myself this morning with Soap Commander Integrity! I loaded up with a very wet synthetic brush and started lathering on my face with the watery suds. It turned into an excellent lather in short order. Very good shave then with my Feather AS-D2 and a Gillette Silver Blue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Legend In My Spare Time

Very nice! Yeah, I tend to stick with scentless as most fragrance oils can irritate my skin. It is one of the first hard soaps I've used as well. I'm normally a croap guy. I'm a heavy loader to with my big boar - like 60 seconds, easy and I've hardly made a dent in it. Outstanding value for the amount you get. Fantastic quality lather and slick as anything soap I've ever used, if not better. I've normally used tallow soaps, but Soap Commander blows almost any tallow soap I've ever tried. It is honestly going to be my go-to soap. It is a thirsty soap though! Wow, impressively so. I loaded it up with tons of water and it only got better. Don't be afraid to add some water! I'm still really loving the container - second time mentioning that. It is perfect!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    PLAla, MoAllen and clint64 like this.
  5. Legend In My Spare Time

Another amazing shave with Soap Commander last night. This soap probably has the best after-shave face feel I've had from any soap yet. Been a full 12 hours since I shaved and my face is still silky smooth.

PLAla likes this.
  6. Legend In My Spare Time

I think I'm developing an infatuation with Soap Commander. Man, this soap is great. I've been really learning how much water this soap can take - A LOT! And it takes a ton of water before it begins to break down. I think I might have just had the slickest shave I've ever had tonight. Seriously, that was an amazing shave with zero weepers or irritation all because I decided to add even more water than usual. This is a great soap and I'm always going to have some in my den. :)

7. Micho-Mike

Micho-Mike Member

A lot of love for Soap Commander... Never tried it, but now I want too!

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

9. Legend In My Spare Time

Wonderful shave tonight! I thought I had my Soap Commander lather dialed in before, but I believe I learned the Golden Ratio of water-to-soap. Astounding slick shave - easily slicker than any tallow soap I've used yet. I'm stunned, lol. Soap Commander is an intensely thirsty soap, well, it is with my water. I've never tested it for hardness, but it is some great tasting and clean tap water here in Western Mass. I always seem to need a ton of water no matter what soap I use, actually.

10. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Big fan of their balms. In fact their balms are probably the best I have used. Soap is decent but I'd put Stirling and CF ahead of their soap for the same price spot.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk