First shave with the boy.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Yossarian04, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Yossarian04

Yossarian04 Well-Known Member

My son and I shaved together for the first time today. He only has a little fuzz on his upper lip, but he wanted to shave it. It was one of those proud dad moments.

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

:happy088:

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome!! How old. Does he need anything. He might like his own gear.

4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Very cool. I only have daughters so I didn't get to experience this. Sounds fun.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I could lend you one. They drink beer, eat a ton. But love to wet shave. :)

Bookworm, RyX and mrchick like this.
  6. Yossarian04

Yossarian04 Well-Known Member

He'll be 13 in October, so he doesn't have a lot to shave right now. I'm going to try to nudge him away from being the middle schooler with the patchy mustache though lol. Not a good look

AGHisBBS, Bookworm, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I was lucky - red hair doesn't show as much as most.

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I was the 12 year old with a full mustache

capsfanx likes this.
  9. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Oh yeah - by the time I was out of HS, I kept having GF's that wanted to shave my back. Sadly, the hair on my head retreated - and it joined what was already on my back. Still look odd with a beard. I'll have to dig out and put up a couple of the photos - one with my muttonchops, and the other with the goatee.

mrchick likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man. BULLY!!! I am planning another starter kit pif soon. If he could use it he is welcome to it. I have a couple of razors to choose from some VDH soap and brush.

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  11. DE Cartman

DE Cartman Well-Known Member

My son is 12 now and he has been "shaving" since he was a tot using a razor with no DE blade. Last month he said he wanted a blade and he was able to clean up the peach fuzz he's starting to grow.

I know this is a proud moment for you.

AGHisBBS, Yossarian04 and Bookworm like this.
  12. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

It is a cool thing to have another thing in common with your son. I just got into shaving with a Safety Razor and shave soap, etc a couple of months ago. When I did a week later I went ahead and got my 17yr old son the same stuff. Then I hooked up my dad for Father's Day with Shave gear. Now it just gives us all 3 another thing to have in common and to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchnu and Yossarian04 like this.