First Snake Bite Shave

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Jayaruh, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's OC Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Fine Snake Bite
    Jayaruh #229
    Gillette Sheraton
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #229 synthetic brush.

I like the name, but my wife does not. This is a hard soap, but it loaded easily with my JR#229 synthetic brush. I face lathered. It is advertised as seriously mentholated. Snake Bite shaving soap contains no fragrance components beyond a heavy dose of menthol. I had applied Proraso Pre Shave to my face, so when I lathered I did not notice anything different, but as time elapsed, I could tell there was something going on. I did two passes with the Gillette Sheraton razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and encountered no issues. The shave was smooth and effective. I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. This was my first experience with anything Fine, and I really liked it. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

This soap will be part of my Menthol Monday rotation. I really liked it. Did I say that already?

Size: 3.5oz.

Made in the Netherlands

Ingredients (INCI)*: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Water, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Tallowate, Menthol, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerine, Potassium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I haven't tried the soap, but I received a sample of the AS in a trade. Menthol & nothing else. It comes in a small pump spray bottle. Don't get it on your lips.

Yehuda D and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Snake Bite- Big fan- it's my favorite menthol soap:happy096:

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have the aftershave and it's got a boatload of menthol freeze in it.

RyX and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.