First Stirling Order

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by dustmite, Aug 4, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I just placed my first order for Stirling soap, and I'm super excited to try this stuff out! I ordered a sample puck of Ben Franklin, MITA, Sharp Dressed Man, and Stirling Gentleman. It was hard narrowing it down to only four from all the choices. Now to play the waiting game...

SHAVEWIZARD420, preidy, wmbjr and 7 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just ordered 2 Barbershop bath soaps, and a Barbershop aftershave, all in full-size. I say "just ordered"-they arrived recently. I expect to be ordering later, perhaps in late-fall or winter. The Sharp Dressed Man sounds great to me, as does Stirling Gentleman.

dustmite and ob1page like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Stirling soaps are great and I bet you guys will like them. I enjoy their menthol soaps and barbershop. Easy to lather, nice and slick and wonderful fragrance. I have some bay rum in my inventory that I have yet to use, but the scent is fantastic!

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I love stirling. Everything they put out is fantastic. I always recommend ordering a bunch of samples first, because the quality is there... It will all just depend on the scent for you.

5. dustmite

That was my theory, find my favorite one or two in this bunch, then order full size of those next time and samples of other scents.

6. gobeavs

gobeavs Member

If you haven't tried the bath soaps yet I highly recommend them also. That's usually the way I try the scents, and if I find one I really like I just buy a big tub of the shave soap with my next order.

Paul Turner, dustmite and Robyflexx like this.
  7. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I am glad this thread was started. I have four Stirling sample soaps picked out, but not ordered yet.
    Coniferous,
    Stirling Spice,
    Frozen Tundra, and
    Bay Rum.

How do you guys deal with four sample pucks of soap? I don't have the patience to use up an entire puck before I try the next scent. How do you guys store soaps once they are used a couple times? Tupperware type containers?

Carl from MO.

8. Straight razor dandy

You can find the perfect containers from ikea and daiso (the japanese dollar store)

Of course, you can re-wrap the stirling soaps in their packaging as well

CarlfromMO likes this.
  9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I bought a dozen of these from Specialty Bottle:
    image.jpeg
    8 ounces, 97ยข each. Shipping is nearly as much as the product, but still a pretty good deal.

Bobcat and CarlfromMO like this.
  10. PaPa K

PaPa K Active Member

The small disposable container by Glad seem to work well for small samples pucks. Stack well for storage when off rotation too.

ohbrian and CarlfromMO like this.
  11. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Dustmite,
    I'd like to hear how you like the Ben Franklin scent. The website reviews of the scent are "interesting".

Thanks to all for the storage ideas. Great enablers. :)

dustmite likes this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I've had the Ben Franklin bath soap. The description is a bit tongue in cheek. To my uneducated nose, it smells like root beer.

FatherofSquirrel and CarlfromMO like this.
  13. Paul Turner

I bought a regular soapdish/tray at the local drugstore...works well for Stirling full-sized soaps.

CarlfromMO likes this.
  14. dustmite

I ordered 2 of the tins they offer, figuring I would work through 2 and save 2 for later.

CarlfromMO and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Straight razor dandy

Root beer...thats what I've heard. Oddly enough, I've tried many stirling soaps (im a big fan of their company), and I have never tried the ben franklin.

16. Paul Turner

I may get the Coniferous Aftershave in the fall, and I suppose the bath soap along with it.

17. Straight razor dandy

It is very strong. Like walking through the woods and turning quickly just to get a tree branch in your face

CarlfromMO and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Paul Turner

That's what the official description says..it never happened to me before, I must admit.

CarlfromMO likes this.
  19. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

You'd be doing yourself a favor if you checked out the Executive Man aftershave. Stirling is one of the few vendors that offers samples of pretty much all of their shaving products, and all of their stuff is relatively inexpensive for artisan soap makers. They seem to get a lot of attention compared to any other brand, both here and elsewhere, but it's well deserved.

Paul Turner, ezlovan and Bobcat like this.
  20. Paul Turner

I'm trying to decide on Ex. Man vs. Sharp Dresssed Man. I already have Barbershop.

preidy and Straight razor dandy like this.