First Stirling Order

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by dustmite, Aug 4, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

It's much, much more than root beer. That's just the jumping off point of the scent. There's so much going on, it almost seems to completely change each pass. I will definitely be ordering a full size tub of this, and the AS to match.

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am basking in the scent of an old mans pantaloons as we speak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ob1page, dustmite and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy097:

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear how complex it is, love complex scents.

This description was part of the reason I was reluctant to try it lol.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  5. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

How is PIACENZA. Has anyone tried it. I bought some off of a facebook site. Thanks!!

ob1page likes this.
  6. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I bought it a few weeks ago and really like it. It's been a while since i've smelled or used Acqua di Parma, so I can't comment on how similar or different it is than that. But, what I can say is that it has a light but complex citrusy scent that opens up nicely when you lather. Report back what you think, but I am guessing you'll like it.

dustmite likes this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It is fantastic! The scent is complex and it has a good strength to it. I woyld say it is a very classy smell. You will like it.
    Well said.

It is VERY similar to Acqua di Parma, which is a great thing. Of course, like all Stirling soaps, it lathers very well and has great cushion and glide.

8. PickledNorthern

I have never tried AdP, but I do love Piacenza, and I think your "light but complex citrusy" description is excellent.

9. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Well, looks like I'll be ordering Piacenza next time around...

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  10. CliffDweller

Hey gents, while we're on the subject of Stirling, do any of you know an estimated # of shaves you get from one 5.8oz jar? I bought 4 jars of Stirling a couple of months ago and then loved them so much that I went a little crazy & I bought 4 more a couple of weeks later. (I love all of 'em)

So, needless to say it'll be a while before I see any plastic at the bottom of any of said 8 jars & I'm just curious on the # of shaves one might get from one a jar.

11. PickledNorthern

I have never yet seen the bottom of a puck or tub of Stirling. Maybe if I didn't have 20 or so of them I would finish one. Problem is that Rod keeps making new scents faster than I can use up old ones.

12. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I can't imagine me finishing one in under 3 months using it daily. But I can't do that so I'll never know.

CliffDweller likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Anyone used Sandpiper yet? I'm most impressed with what I've read about that one.

14. PickledNorthern

Just for fun I put all my Stirling on one shelf to pose for a pic. I have a couple/three more pucks in my dopp, but it's out in my pickup. Explains why I never finish anything. You might say I am something of a Stirling Fan.

[​IMG]

15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Wow buddy! :love055:

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

is Mr. Ezlovan aware of this photo????

17. PickledNorthern

I just took it. He for sure knows I am a fanboy, but from what I read on some of these forums, my Stirling shelf is amateur hour compared to some.

ob1page, Robyflexx and Paul Turner like this.
  18. CliffDweller

3 months is about what I was thinking too. So I'll just say 3 months since we both had the same estimate. This is definitely a "how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop" type of question that it's damned near impossible to ever know.
    [​IMG]
    Okay so this is definitely making me feel a little less crazy that I bought so many! I am going to try to buy no products through 2017, and then after that I think I'll buy a few sampler mini-pucks from Stirling so that I can taste the rainbow but not be loaded for years on end!

mrbaho, ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  19. banks741938

WOW!!!!!!!! Your never going to get through all that. You need to send some to noobie like me to enjoy. lol. I cant wait to try my small sample of it. I have a feeling that if i like the performance and lather that i will have some ordering to do myslef

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  20. banks741938

Just a quick question...... Im probably going to order several of the samples to start with. Would it be worth it to by a tub for each individual sample or would it be more economic and allow me to try more scents by buying one of the larger plastic tubs and just use it to lather in and then allow it to dry over night in then switch the sample the next day. Do yall think that the scent would get embedded into the plastic? Also i thought about storing the dry sample pucks in a zip loc bag till next use. Yalls thoughts???? Thanks!!!

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.