First Vintage... Need some info plz

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Linc, Jul 30, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

That rust is most definitely from a blade and also as @feeltheburn stated that is either Glue in some spots or soap residue. That will clean up fine. Those razors are plated in nickel which does not rust.

Tattoobob and PatrickA51 like this.
  2. Linc

Linc Member

Awesome. Thank you guys. Appreciate the feedback.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Yes what he said.

4. hfflunki

hfflunki New Member

There's a metal cleaner called flintz that's used on knives and guns that's safe I've cleaned everything from my jewelry to my jack knives with it

Boojum1 likes this.
  5. Linc

Linc Member

It came in today! It's better looking and functioning than I expected. I have yet to use it as it needs a good cleaning. Thank you @hfflunki for the tip. I will check that out for sure!

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

It's actually Flitz, not "flintz".

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. gemmicro

gemmicro Active Member

looks the the doors have old shaving cream on them. Purple power is the best at removing dry shaving cream. Just spray and use a tooth brush on it. If it is brassing, just soak in vinegar for a while. It'll take the blue/green away. You can use tooth paste and a tooth brush to polish it up after.

8. Linc

Linc Member

I just got done cleaning that bad boy up. You guys were so right. It cleaned up very nicely. I will put pics up of it very soon. After it's done soaking in the barbicide (check spelling). I will definitely be using it along with the other 2 razors I have coming. Thanks for all the input. You guys are amazing.

9. Linc

Linc Member

Here it is! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Let me know what you guys think.

10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sure does!

12. Linc

Linc Member

Thanks. It only took about 30 mins or so. I was very happy with how easy it all came off.

13. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Nice catch! I would totally use it! :)

14. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    I think the best word is.... pristine. Very nice!

15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

That'll be a real nice razor for you. Excellent job and a nice purchase price. I'd be using that almost daily.

16. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

It looks great you should think about using it. It is a fine razor, and like another member said using a superspeed helped improved my technique and is one of my favourite razors.
    Looks like you got a real bargain there :)

17. Linc

Linc Member

Thanks all. I will be using it for sure.

18. Tibby49

Tibby49 New Member

I just picked up my 1st eBay razor. It was $23.50 a SS with no date code. Looked shiny and pristine but no box. I just got into wet shaving with a Parker shavette but it's difficult for me to see in the mirror the way I hold it. I'm a newbie but that flare tip seems like a score!

Adonis likes this.