Futur or r41?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tdmsu, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I use my Futur almost everyday set on five or six in comfort.

Can anyone who has used both tell me if the r41 shaves closer or more comfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I dont think it does either.
    While it is a close shaver. I find the progress and futur leave me comfortably smooth for hours, while the r41 does leave me smooth, just not as comfy as the merkurs.
    Note, i do not use my merkurs cranked out. Progress gets a 3.5/4, futur normally gets a bit closer to 4.

The r41 eats blades for me as well. Blade life gets cut in half after r41.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Tdmsu likes this.
  3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I prefer the R41. I do think it shaves a little closer, and the Futur seems to scrape a little for me.

Tdmsu likes this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I get great shaves from both so ask your self a couple of questions:

Drop you want an adjustable? While the R41 is t adjustable you can add Spitfire cap and it will shave like the legendary 2011 R41.

Do you prefer a heavier razor? The Futur is both heavier and larger but you can change the handle on the R41 to add weight

The Future can difficult to load and unload, I use a towl for unloading the razor so I don't cut myself.

Either way if you like an aggressive razor your going to be very happy.

Tdmsu likes this.
  5. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I have tried both and they are a bit too aggressive for me so mine sits on the shelf unused but you really owe it to yourself to buy the razor and give it a shot. I think you will like it if you like the future.

Tdmsu likes this.