Gem bullet tip micromatic....pics

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Master.Legend, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

@Master.Legend - that is one fine example you have there man, you got a nice one. Have you ever heard about what the Magic Eye is for? That's the round circle in the middle of the door. I think I have read somewhere that it is for helping determine the Shave angle. However, many peopl think it was a marketing gimmick to make the razor sound cool, in order to attract more buyers. I know I have seen some threads discussing this somewhere. I think @PLANofMAN might have been a participant in one of those discussions. Perhaps he can fill us in about the Magic Eye concept.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. Morman Bridge

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Wahl is still around but the fountain pen operation is entirely new and unrelated to the historical company. Nice folk though and nice products.

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

They are terrific. How did you come across so many? I have a re-plated bullet tip, which I love. Trying to find a box, in nice condition is impossible. It's great to see a collection in their boxes. Nice one.

5. Morman Bridge

Hi, thanks again for the compliments. I found the whole display on eBay around 4 years ago. I put it on my watch list for a couple of months, and finally, after drooling over the listing for a while , I bought it. I think I paid around $150 for them all with the rack. It was a good score. Thanks for your interest. Have a great day!

Jim99 and dangermouse like this.