Gem Featherweight First Shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I tried the Gem Feather Weight razor this evening with fresh blades from Connaught. I had a 6 day stubble, which probably was a mistake. It was very audible, the angle seem quite intuitive. Anyway as with most first shaves, I bottled it and finished off with a Type L and a Mach 3. I think 2 to 3 days growth would be the max until I know what I am doing. Anyway a better first shave than with the Core.

Jim99, Zykris and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations on your successful first shave with the Featherweight.

inconceivable.jpg

3. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I am a newbie to the GEM Featherweight. I've been using one for about a week, and I really like it. Give it another chance, I think you will like the shave if you have less than 3 days growth.

Sabre likes this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I recently picked up a Gem featherweight and found that I had to keep the head virtually flat to my face. That is different from my other Gems where I have the back of the head slightly lifted. Once I got the hang of the angle difference and the light weight of the razor, I did get very good shaves with it. Try it again and let us know how it goes.

Sabre likes this.
  5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Well I gave it another go this evening. A full first pass WTG except under the nose. I finished off with a Mach3. I am a bit sore, but it that could just be my Rosacea.

CarlfromMO likes this.