GEM G-Bar?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by geeeyejo, Jul 12, 2014.

1. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Of all the SE razors I think I like the look of the G-Bar best. Looks solidly built and has a great retro vibe to it. Do these shave any different than a closed comb Micromatic Bullet Tip? Been getting the hang of the Micromatic and thinking of a G-Bar for my next addition to the collection. Any thoughts/experiences to share on this model?

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I've only used my G-bar once, but I'm really impressed with it. The weight and balance of that razor are really good. I say get it. Worst case scenario, you can sell it or trade it.

3. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Thanks - what do you think is a fair price for a very clean one in the original plastic case?

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Haven't used one, but clean in the case....I'd say no more than $20-$25 is what I would spend.

geeeyejo likes this.
  5. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Thinking the same - have seen some nice onesin that range

6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I've got a G Bar, and I like it a lot. I don't like the look of a lot of the ancient SE razors, mainly just a design style I don't like. But the G Bar is got a very clean, nice look. They're easy to use. For some reason the G Bars have held up well as far as finish goes. Mine has some slight pitting on it, but otherwise looks shiny new. They're also inexpensive. $20-$25 like Justin says I think would be a fair price. If there were cosmetic issues I've seen them in the $10-15 range.

geeeyejo likes this.
  7. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Looks like I can snag a decent one for $10 or so without the case - plan on using this one if I really like it (that would leave another $10 for another razor, lol) time for an intervention....

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  8. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Just won a real clean one without case for $9.99 shipped - yaaaayyyyyy!

fram773 likes this.
  9. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I've had many others but have yet to use the G bar. I hope I can use one soon.

geeeyejo likes this.
  10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I received a G-Bar in a trade a couple years back. I haven't used it much, but I do like it

geeeyejo likes this.
  11. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

If the HFT compares well with a Clog Pruf I know I'd love it.