Gem Jewel or Ever Ready Streamline?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bald as, Jun 29, 2015.

1. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Are there any differences in the two razors? Apart from the obvious naming stamped on the razors. Where were they made and do they shave the same as each other?

Looking at the comb on them is it similar in shaving performance to a Clog Pruf?
    Or which SE razor?

Steve

2. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I don't know much about the Jewel but I would love to get a Streamline one day.

3. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

I've got a fully cased GEM Jewel with strop and stropper arriving in the next couple of days so I will probably be able to answer my own question. I didn't intend to have more than one or two SE razors but they are a bit like lenses for Large Format cameras, they just seem to appear out of nowhere.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    They are the same razor. Just different branding. At the time they were made, Gem and Ever Ready had merged into one company, but still had separate branding.

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You got a Jewel!!!!! :happy096: That's is a FANTASTIC and RARE find!! :smiley respect:GOOD for YOU!!!!!!!!
    The Jewel is basically the American version of the British ER Streamline another razor that is kind of hard to find in America, but fairly easy to obtain on UK ebay. The shave from my Streamline is very, very nice on par IMO with my 1924 ER "shovelhead". I prefer it much more than the shave I get from my ClogPruf. The Streamline handle has great weight and knurling. I think you will enjoy it.:)