General Razors Owners Group (G.R.O.G.)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by clint64, Oct 15, 2017.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to the General Razors Owners Group, GROG for short.

The purpose of this thread is to:

1. Show off your General Razor in as many photos as you want.
    2. Discuss the different materials used in making General Razor
    3. Discuss the different blade options available
    4. Discuss the different handle options
    5. Answer questions of other owners or potential owners.

[​IMG]

2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Yeah! You The MAN Clint!

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

I have a Brass General and did not want to keep it polished. Rather than wait for the patina to develop over time I used an antiquing solution. I am very pleased with the results.

Enrico, Electrif, dvdhviid and 5 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Gus please post up some of your reviews or thoughts on the General. A big plus would be some of your excellent photos.

dvdhviid, Douglas Carey and Str8on2 like this.
  5. Str8on2

First shave coming up for the inaugural G.R.O.G. Kick off....

Mike-R41 and clint64 like this.
  6. Str8on2

IMG_1628.JPG
    This is one of the 2 Brass Generals that I have. It has the WCS #84BR Handle which gives it a great balance and feel. I'm letting the patina form over the razor head on this one and keep the other polished. Pic of #2 coming soon. @clint64 you are to modest, your pics are truly amazing. That's no lie....

7. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I'll be posting photos when I charge my cameras'sbatteries. I have all of them. expecting the SS version soom. Please forgive the delay.

8. Str8on2

:happy088:

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My first SOTD with the Brass General posted after my first time using the razor.

April 6, 2017
    The General
    Feather Pro (1)
    Doug Korn DK7 with Druida Manchurian
    Nuavia Rossa

[​IMG]
    A one day break in my plans for using the same lineup all week. I received the General Artist Club razor in solid brass yesterday and just couldn't help myself. Three passes with minimal touch ups left me with a near perfect shave. The General is one of the smoothest artist club razors I have used. It felt mild but was very efficient. At some point I will try the General with a Feather Super. Overall I am very impressed . I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

With so many modern razors having prices well above $100, the General razors have proven to be a well made at very affordable prices. The General prompted the departure of my Batch 2 Mongoose.

dvdhviid, Douglas Carey and Str8on2 like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful picture Gus and thanks for the kind words. If I recall correctly I might have tempted you into the 2 brass General razors.

Str8on2 likes this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

For those fortunate enough to get one of the stainless steel General razors, please post up photos and your impressions when they arrive.

dvdhviid, DesertTime and Str8on2 like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

14. Str8on2

You are correct Clint. You planted the seed and 4 Brass General's later (2 gifted to family members) it is perhaps one of the best all around shavers in my den. Smooth, efficient and yet mild on the skin. Can't explain how Colonial pulled this off, but sure glad they did. +1 On Colonial bringing top notch quality and excellent pricing on their Stainless, Brass and Aluminum offerings.... Wish more razor makers and artisans adopted this type of approach to their business module in the wet shaving community.

DesertTime and clint64 like this.
  15. Str8on2

My very first shave with the Brass General, May 30th. It left me with a wonderful BBS finish first time out and terribly confused.... The aggressive vs mild thing.
    IMG_0664.JPG

16. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

awesone
    awesone

clint64 likes this.
  17. DesertTime

The Brass is my favorite razor now. And since I don't do rotations, it's my exclusive razor (at least until I land a SS general).

dvdhviid and clint64 like this.
  18. DesertTime

Here's a thought. Every September 19th (talk like a pirate day) we can post pictures of our Generals in a pirate motif.

clint64 likes this.
  19. Str8on2

The Brass General with the stock handle. Although smooth, it still provides a good grip and balance for an excellent shave. Never had an issue with it slipping out of my hands....

Brass General & Schick Proline
    Maggard 30mm B&W
    RazoRock The Dead Sea Soap
    Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
    Nivea 2in1 lotion/balm
    RazoRock The Dead Sea A/S splash

IMG_1716.JPG
    An excellent 3 pass shave that was refreshing and oh so smooth! I can't say enough good things about the The Dead Sea soap and aftershave combo. Just brilliant skin conditioning properties and post shave feel. The scent is either love/hate, I love. Have a great evening and shaves Gents..... :happy088:

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful lineup and photo Gus. The Dead Sea soap looks interesting. Did you order a SS General?

Douglas Carey and Str8on2 like this.