Getting someone started

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by maliboy67, Feb 9, 2015.

1. maliboy67

maliboy67 Well-Known Member

Today I am passing along a Weishi and a few blades to a guy at work to try out. I told him about the success I have been having with my safety razors and he wanted to try it out so I offered to let him borrow the gear.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool! Make sure you point him here to TSD!

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Well done.

Bama Samurai and Jayaruh like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good for you.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Your friend is very lucky to have someone help him start on the road of DE shaving.

6. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Good on yer!

I've brought four to the light, so far. Keep count... and keep up the good work!

7. maliboy67

I finally passed along the razor and blades on Wednesday. I got an update this morning, apparently the first shave with the Weishi an an Astra blade was the best irritation free shave he has ever had. I think I've converted another!

8. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

That is cool. I am working on my oldest son, who's gonna be 28 in March (I will be 52 in March) into it so got him looking at razors. He initially picked out a Merkur 23C so I got that in and he said he didnt want it and now after some reviews he wants the EJ DE89L so I need to find one for him and get rid of the 23C. Did I mention, kids are a pain at any age! LOL

9. maliboy67

Yes they are my oldest is 25 and youngest is 10, there are 3 more between them. So I know what you are saying.

10. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have two. The one who's 28 almost and the other who will be 24 this year! :)

11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Good job! PIF is one of the neatest things the wet shaving community does. Especially the members of TSD, we have an annual March PIF month, and hundreds of times members have mentioned they needed something, lost or broke a piece of gear and a member has reached out and PIF that item.

12. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

:happy096:

I too am helping a fellow at work get started.
    Hopefully all will go well!!

13. David Green

David Green Active Member

Teaching my son too! Just turned 15, so not much to shave (upper lip and just under his lower lip). His first shave was with a DE and I think he will stick with them. He likes the ritual.

14. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Always nice to PIF items.

15. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

I've managed to convert my first two, in the last couple of months. It's a good feeling!

16. maliboy67

Its been a few weeks and the Weishi has found a new home. I'm passing along the rest of my Feather blades as they seem to work the best for my friend but not so much for me. Nice to get someone started at something new and see them stick with it.

17. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I'm 38, and managed to convert my dad and nephew so far.

18. Desi

Desi New Member

The guy in the cubicle next to mine thought that my spending time on shaving websites is a bit weird. He is a head shaver himself. We got talking about shaving one day, he apparently was just using a cart and hand bar soap in the shower for his head. I've introduced him to real shaving soaps and he's bought himself a headblade and is now a convert... lol.
    My wife is a tough sell though. She still drags a cart up her legs in the bath with only water. She thinks it weird that I want to get in there with her and soap up her legs to give her a DFS! One of these days.... she'll cave.

David Green and Mustache like this.