GFT Limes Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Johnny, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, you know how old Phil at BullGoose always throws in a little sample of this or a little sample of that when you place an order? Well, when I bought my Simpsons Duke 2 last week, he shipped it with a sample of GFT Limes Cream. I personally thank it was a dastardly thing to do as he knew I would try it, and I did.

I placed my order yesterday for some GFT Limes Cream. If you like lime scent I highly recommend you give this product a try. Best lathering, best smelling lime cream that I've ever tried.

It will never replace my MWF but it will be in my rotation when I use creams.

GFT Limes Cream.jpg

Yehuda D, Weishi Warrior and Mechguy like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Johnny I remember when you first started here your shave den was nice and small NOW forget about it.:p

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I have good advise for anyone wanting to switch to DE wet shaving to save money, don't do it. So for the only thing that I have saved on since joining TSD is razor blades.:)

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

That lime sounds divine. ;)

Hey, I just happened to notice...........................congratulations to you, Johnny, for recently posting your 1000th post. Way to go!

5. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Thanks. I've just about spent all my mad money for the next year so all I have time for now is chatting on the forums. :)

tomnat likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Johnny just for fun you might like the Trumper sampler bag . I believe its like $6.50 on their website, they ship fast as well. Its a generous sampling of colognes, creams , lotion . Their violet scent is as amazing as their lime.

7. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I will check in to that. I have some Castle Forbes samples coming right now to try.

Really don't know why I try anything. Every time I go to shave I take the top off of the MWF. Maybe I should take my own advise "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I just checked it out and it looks like it costs £8.00 which converts to about $12.43. And there is no shipping cost! Am I seeing that correctly??? That seems like a good deal to give all those scents a try. I may order one after the holidays when things quiet down a bit.

Hanzo likes this.
  9. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I enjoy it immensly and intend to buy a full size tub of it someday.

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Yea there has been a price increase and standardization of the sampler since I bought mine , it was priced as a giveaway when I bought maybe 2 years ago. Still its quite a generous sample and I have yet to use all the samples.

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

When I got the Godrej Lime Cream I thought it was the end-be-all of lime creams... now I find out there may be an even better lime scent to be had with GFT! Arrrgh!

There is no end!

Yehuda D, dinatali and Mechguy like this.
  12. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Trust me, the GFT puts the Godrej Lime to shame.

13. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Sounds like a a product to add to my rotation.

14. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Thats what you love about this hobby.
    A complaining sailor is a happy sailor.

I have to admit, it does sound like a nice cream with Johnny's endorsement.

15. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

For sure. I joined The Navy at 17. I left at 21. Would I have stayed until now, at 40, I would have me a nice pension. Oh well. Live and let live. There is only today. No yesterday. No tomorrow.

It is what it is.

Mechguy likes this.
  16. Vibroluxer

Vibroluxer Member

I love Lime and am always looking to try new variations. I am getting stuck on aftershave though as I *love* Brooks Brothers Lime but that has not been made for a while.

This is my first post, btw.

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Well then let me welcome you to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the February Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

Yehuda D likes this.
  18. bamabubba

bamabubba Member

I've been wanting some gft limes and now I want some even more!

19. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I've got to stop reading threads that I know are going to make me feel like Paula Dean at a butter factory.

20. OrdAvgGuy

OrdAvgGuy New Member

I ordered the sampler the first week of January. Any idea how long it takes to arrive? I realize it is coming overseas (I'm in AL, USA), and I'm probably being impatient, but I'm disappointed every day when I come home and no sampler! Oh well, good things come to those who wait...