Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum(Black) VS Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge(Yellow)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by idan, Feb 16, 2017 at 6:21 AM.

?

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum(Black) VS Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge(Yellow)

1. Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black)

2. Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (Yellow)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Member

who is more sharper between the two ?
    who is more smoother between the two ?
    who is more longevity between the two ?
    what's your choice?

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black)
    [​IMG]

Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (Yellow)
    [​IMG]

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

This should be interesting. I've tried the 7O'clock greens, but neither of these two.

Sent via mobile - Chris

3. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

If I recollect, the yellow out-performed the black box for me. I've got the blue box, too. I'll have to revisit these, too.

4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I can't comment on longevity but the yellow undoubtedly wins in the other categories for me. The black felt identical to the Astra SP, which is a very solid, middle of the road blade in my experience. The yellow was almost as smooth as a Voskhod and almost as sharp as a Feather. It is one of my top ranked blades of all time and it completely blows the black out of the water. I also don't like platinum coatings since they seem to cause a little irritation but even in spite of the coating on the black, the yellow wins by a wide margin.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Never been a big fan of the yellow. A few years ago, they were the flavor of the month but you don't hear much chatter about them now.

Why don't you try both and decide for yourself? Regardless of what other people say, you won't know which is best for you without trying them.

6. SRD

SRD Active Member

Yellow here

7. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

I prefer the black for longevity and smoothness. But, both seemed about the same sharpness.

8. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

SOTD 02032017.gif Last two blades I've used in a Fat Boy, Black & Yellow. I found the Yellow to be smooth & efficient and never did use it up in six 3+ pass shaves. Wanting to try the other I tossed it and loaded a Black. The Black is a bit harsh in comparison. After three shaves it hasn't mellowed yet.
    SOTD 02122017.gif

Terry Williams and Demidog like this.