Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Blue (Russian)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by americanshamrock, Feb 9, 2015.

1. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

These are on of my favorite blades but unfortunately they have been unavailable for a while. Today I came across someone selling them in lots of 100. Are they in production again? or are these just NOS? Hoping someone here might know.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I am not sure if they are in production again, but I didn't find much difference between them and the Indian black packs if you are needing a fix.

americanshamrock likes this.
  3. americanshamrock

I have plenty of blades it was more curiosity than anything. That being said I'll have to give the Blacks a try.

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I noticed last night there is a seller in Russia offering 100 packs of Blues for $35.00. Clearly not the same bargain as most of the Russians right now which probably say something about their availability long term.

americanshamrock likes this.
  5. americanshamrock

Yeah this is what I was thinking (and why it was primarily just curiosity). I like the blues but Voskhod/Rapiras/etc. are a lot cheaper currently and they are good blades as well. Plus now I need to give the blacks a try.

6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the Blues or the Blacks yet, but I just got a nearly full tuck of each in a PIF. They are both marketed as Super Platinums, whereas the other colors are marketed under different names (SharpEdge, Super Stainless, Permasharp Stainless) so I'm guessing the Black is very similiar, if not the same as the Blue. Probably similar to the Personna Labs made in Israel vs. US. Most people can't tell the difference.