Gillette FatBoy

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bobby Mac, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

So I have a Gillette Fatboy Never been used with an original sparkling new case and original blades. It's a 1958 code D3

Anyone have any clue what is worth?

2. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

As much as you are willing to sell it for. :rofl:

3. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

$2. Now sell it to me :D

BigT likes this.
  4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I'll give you $20, sight unseen.:)

My guess would be $200 since it's not a toggle, but I may be way off. I never bid on razors that pricey since I'm not a collector, I just like to get old razors to try.

5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Go do a search for gillette fatboy on ebay. You will get a pretty good idea. They seem to range from about $40 on up to some ridiculous prices. Most are around $50-$80 for ones in good condition.

srpavko likes this.
  6. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

Razor prices vary widely depending on the current fads and market. Some month a Fat Boy in good condition will average $20-$30, some it will get as much as $100. You'll just have to gauge the waters before you end it out to bring in some money.

You could always just use it...

CJames likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

BigT likes this.
  8. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

I've been watching the eBay for 2 weeks now and most of the fat boys have been selling for $90+ without a case and well over a hundred with a case. However I have not seen one that is un used? The only reason i ask is I was debating whether to sell it or hang on to it and pass it down to my son someday. I do have 3 other fat boys in near mint condition though, which I shave with already!

Anyway I get the point, that it's as much as its worth to me or as much as I'm willing to sell or pay for it, blah blah blah... I just didn't know if anyone here was a collector and had any idea of its current going value?

9. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

A cased NOS Gillette Fat Boy would probably go for quite a bit, probably just shy of $200 with some luck and good marketing. They are rare and, at the moment, valuable. If you already have a few in near mint condition, then I would absolutely sell the cased one and buy something spiffy with the proceeds.