Gillette Foamy Menthol Sighting

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Paul Turner, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yes, while my local supermarket and CVS doesn't have it, the local K-Mart(Sears clone)DOES. It's tempting, but I;m trying to go soft with my creams/foams-I ain't a spring chicken anymore. But...I can't deny it....GFM is in my town.

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I just recently revisited Barbasol in a can. Their menthol, "Arctic Chill" was cooler than C.O.Bigelow. I'll watch for Gillette's offering as well.

Yehuda D and Bama Samurai like this.
  3. Paul Turner

and now I FOUND it...local supermarket. It has a new look(similar to the Barbasol can, as are other Gillette Foamies now).

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I see it everywhere in Montreal pharmacies. Big deal! Lolllll

5. Paul Turner

the Menthol one?

6. Yehuda D

Yes. It's the Gillette Foamy Menthol in a can. I wouldn't buy it even for one cent because I don't use any canned gook.

BigMark83 likes this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It's fairly common around here, but I do see more Barbasol. As it should be.

8. Paul Turner

I'll give the Artic Chill another go to be fair, but I do recall my reaction to my first try of Gillette Foamy Menthol.(see below)

OOOOAUUUGHHHH!!!!!similar to that of Caps Coach Barry Trotz on his first Ice Bucket Challenge try. . It felt GREAT in the humidity of summer.

RyX and gorgo2 like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Talking about Barbasol, I see it in almost every pharmacy here in Fort Lauderdale. Gillette, I see also but not as much. Both are hands-off to me.

10. Paul Turner

Right, I know you aren't a "Can Man". :) (That is, shaving cream, as opposed to "can do").

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. Yehuda D

Stuff in a can is neither shaving cream or shaving soap. It's canned dreck! ;)

12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

My dad taught me how to shave with his 1955 Gillette Flare Tip loaded with a Spoiler, and Gillette Lemon/Lime Foamy. It was followed by a splash of Shultons Old Spice, or Aqua Velva Lime Frost AS. I was 13 at the time, so that would put it around 1978. It was fun shaving with dad, and I can still remember him telling me to just go with the grain and never against it or I would get nicked. I think he was thinking of my inexperience with a razor along with my soft skin. I only had to shave once a week back then. Do they still make Lemon/Lime Foamy?.

Clayton

13. Yehuda D

Yes, I believe they do. It's available in our pharmacies here.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  14. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I have occasionally found it at the local drug stores. It is also available online.

Thank you for sharing your memories about your Dad.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Yehuda D like this.
  15. Paul Turner

and here we are almost a year later.....it still is.