Gillette Rocket

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I got this sweet Gillette Rocket from @Red Rider this week. Since I am doing a Straight thing, I am using it for second pass until I get more confidence with the straight.

The Rocket is very nicely made. It is heavy and well balanced. Once I finish off the straight thing, I am going to give it more face time.
    Rocket_01.JPG
    Rocket_01.JPG Rocket_02.JPG Rocket_03.JPG Rocket_04.JPG Rocket_05.JPG Rocket_06.JPG Rocket_07.JPG

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Looks good. Glad you are enjoying it.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Jayaruh and Carbide Mike like this.
  3. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Nice Rocket, Jayaruh! It looks fantastic!

Jayaruh and Carbide Mike like this.
  4. lloydrm

lloydrm Well-Known Member

Lots of rocket love here

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Evidently, according to @Red Rider, this is a gold member. He knows his razors. I used it for the second time today. It performed the second pass and clean ups.
    sod170121.JPG

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of straight's I would love to be able to use them. I have been having so much problems with my hands and back, I haven't shaved since just before Christmas. Jim that is a beautiful razor you got there.

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks, Patrick. It is a loaner from @Drygulch. His loaner set has two straights and a very nice 3 inch strop that he created. I am enjoying this get acquainted time with the straights. It is going well so far. I may be a partial convert. You know, just a weekend straight shaver. We shall see. I am sorry to hear that your problems persist. I am thirty-seven days out from my shoulder surgery, and I am happy that I can shave myself with my right hand again. It was somewhat difficult trying to shave with my non-dominant hand.

PatrickA51, Drygulch and twhite like this.
  8. PatrickA51

I didn't know you had surgery on your shoulder. I started doing Physical Therapy again and that seems to be helping. But I am also having problems breathing. I guess smoking didn't help.

Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, torn rotator cuff. I am getting better, but they say 6-8 months for a full recovery. Have you quit the smoking? I understand that there is a real benefit to quitting within months. I hope you do well.

10. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I don't see the resemblance.

GM.JPG

brit, Jim99, PLANofMAN and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod170124.JPG

I am taking a few days off from the straights. So, today was the first full shave with the Gold Rocket. It was a very nice shave indeed, even with an experienced Personna Super blade (45). The razor is solid and has a nice heft to it. It gets the job done. No muss, no fuss.

Jim99, Recklesstr and Primotenore like this.
  12. PatrickA51

My daughter asked me to quit smoking for her Birthday in 1998. I told her I would. She passed away 12 days after her Birthday. I quit and have not smoked since. I never thought that I would ever notice how a person that smokes smells. It almost makes me sick to my stomach to be around some one that still does. P grew up in a house where there were smokers. Hope you heal well from your surgery and quickly.

Jayaruh and PLANofMAN like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Wow, Patrick, good for you. Sorry about your daughter passing though. I'll bet you wish you could have given her a smoke free home to grow up in. The shoulder is coming along. I am getting good range, I just need healing and for the pain to go away. I must be patient.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod170125.JPG
    I think this Personna blade has reached its useful life. Forty-six shaves is plenty for one blade. I cleaned it and put it back in the wrapper. Nice shave today though.

Recklesstr, PatrickA51 and Linuxguile like this.
  15. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I have a Rocket. It has always given me great shaves.

16. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've got the HD500 and flare-tip; seems the flare-tip works better for me. It likes Gillette Platinums, too.

17. PatrickA51

I have a Conair Razor kit for trimming beards. In a day or so I am going to use it to shave my beard off, and then I am going to try and shave with one of my DE Razors, probably my Webber. (I really like it the best). If not I will use one of my Gillette Fusion Razors. I just can't take my beard much longer. My wife gave me a nice Panasonic Wet and Dry for our anniversary. I might use it. That way I will not cut myself.

Jayaruh likes this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    It sounds like you have several alternatives. Your wife will like getting your baby face back, I'm sure. Don't cut yourself.

PatrickA51 likes this.