Gillette Sensor handle identification (I know, I know...)

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by gorgo2, Jul 23, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yeah, I know. But there are guys out there who are as die-hard for the Sensor as we are about ours -- and more power to them, I say -- and since I don't need it I'm going to try to sell it to someone who can use it. Not surprisingly, I can't find any hard info online to identify them and my dad sent me what I think is from the original run...metal with all black plastic trim (no gray, which I think came with the Excel). One badge says Gillette, the other just says Sensor. Pretty well built, as far as these things go. Anyone able to help me Sherlock this one?

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :pics: I think. Is a description all you have?

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I guess this tells me what I wanna know.

These two appear to say "Gillette" on both badges. Mine must be a later, pre-Excel iteration.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I shaved with one of those for years. The two blade cartridges aren't too bad actually. I may still have one of those handles around somewhere. I just cannot see paying the $2 a cart price.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Me either. I dimly recall using the Sensor when it came out but can't recall being impressed. Wasn't paying attention at the time, though, and technique was crap, so it wasn't entirely the razor's fault.

7. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I like the Sensor and 2-blade carts but I have to skip a day in-between shaves or I suffer from razor burn.

Clayton