GILLETTE TACTICAL

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Weeper Warrior, May 25, 2013.

1. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

I just got through painting the numbers. Here it is ready to go for tomorrow: The color I picked for the razor was "Desert Sage". It is a desert camo color. Oh and if you are concerned, the date code and other markings are still readable on the razor after coating.

L1020708.JPG

Attached Files:

secretum, Lothar101, 5Savages and 4 others like this.
  2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Looking Good!

GlennConti likes this.
  3. GlennConti

I just got through with shaving with my Tactical Slim. I put in a new Bolzano Superinox and dialed it to "7" for the first two passes and "5" for the final ATG pass. Result: one of my best closest shaves! This razor is better than I remember. Very nice.

Tuffy likes this.
  4. AKASL

AKASL Active Member

Awesome!!! :cool:

5. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

Guns and razors, now this is good stuff!

Nice Kimber and Fat Boy, Weeper Warrior. I have a Kimber Solo that spends a lot of time in my front pocket.

BamaT likes this.
  6. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I love your razor so much!!! It looks awesome!!! Here in germany, nobody knows "Duracoat" and i have 2 left hands to do it all by myself. ;) I also love it in all black,but this one has something special...Thumbs up!!! :signs021:

7. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Great job
    Very lovely finish !

:love029:

8. secretum

secretum Active Member

Nice one! Good looking razor!

I wonder if I can find someone in Portugal, able to make this kind of coating. :)

9. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Member

woot i'm copying this and getting mine in fde...local person who shoots at the range cerakotes our guns so i guess i'll hand one of razors and say to use extra from doing my sig on it. I'll post pics when i get mine done too :D

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  10. Sparkfly88

Sparkfly88 plain

From a gun lover to two others. Awesome ideas with the duracoat!

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Just be sure to keep all CATS out of the room when using that razor! ;)

Sontag and Weeper Warrior like this.
  12. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Hey Glen,

Just curious...How has the coating and razor held up? Internal parts and TTO knob still seem to be working well? I am thinking of having a set done at some point.

Thanks,

Chris

13. GlennConti

Hi Chris & All,

The coating is holding up great. I have a rotation of about 8 or 9 favorites of which it is one but it still doesn't see a super lot of use because I have so many. But its right up there and no problems yet.

--Glenn

14. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Cool...I have a Fatboy and Slim combo I may get coated sometime early next year. I'll be sure and post them if I go ahead with the coating!