Ginger's Garden Aventus

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bscarpenter, Sep 26, 2016.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I ordered Ginger's Garden Aventus aftershave splash. This is the fourth aftershave splash that I have ordered from this store and I really like them all. The Aventus scent is light and clean. It goes on and smells like fruit, but then settles into a more woody scent. My wife went bonkers for it, sooooo.... more cologne on the way.

2. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I ordered that about a month ago I really like it. I use that with my Stirling Executive Man. Oh wait never mind I ordered the cologne version...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I had a chance to try this aftershave in a pass around box a while ago. Not sure what the Creed version smells like, but the Gingers Garden Aventus is a well made scent. Loaded with moisturizers and good skin care ingredients, even a bit of menthol. In the same category as Fine Platinum, both have a pineapple fruit/woodsy notes.

4. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Same here my friend. I really wanted to like it, but the formula was a bit too tacky for me. It didn't absorb well for my skin type (oily). The scent is very nice though. Stirling executive man is a similar type of scent.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Too bad I can't import these awesome aftershaves. :(

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

I agree JR, it does have a tacky consistency. Reminds me of caster oil, or some kind of thick oil rather than a watery consistency. It absorbs better if rubbed in the skin, but is a bit oily which may help with the scent longevity.

7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I couldn't tell if it was an oil or if it was the heavy amount of aloe vera juice.

But it's a shame because I wish it would have worked better for me.

I might try the balm instead..I hear that's good stuff.

8. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying and I don't know if it is the glycerine or the aloe or both, but I don't apply it like a typical splash on. I apply it more like a balm by rubbing it in a little and it then absorbs pretty well. It always leaves my skin feeling very soft & smooth.

Tdmsu and JR Reyes like this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

It may be the Aloe vera. I have a bottle I used when I firSt started and it can be sticky. Are her balms available in any scent? That may be the way to go.