Go to blade hunt ??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by pizzaguy, Aug 5, 2008.

1. pizzaguy

pizzaguy Member

Has anyone taken a while to find their go to blades I'm still looking :ashamed001

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I was pretty quick. I started out with Merkurs :sick007, which only lasted a week or two, and then I got a hold of some Derbys and Feathers, and that was all she wrote.

3. Hi there,
    Actually, most members here will use whatever blades are handy. They're all pretty much the same, except for the Merkur blades, which are special. I think most members (myself included) use the cheapest blades possible, since there's no difference in performance with any of em.
    Also, don't expect to get more than 10-12 shaves per blade. They start to pull just a tad after that period.

Sorry..........I just couldn't resist that. That was me at my most sarcastic, which I'm sure you figured out. Anyway, to really answer your question :
    Yes, it took me a loooong time to find the right blade(s) for me. Same will be true for lots of members. It IS worth the effort though.
    Hope that helps,
    Martin

Ohhhh.........there IS one more thing about the right blade...finding the one(s) that fit your face the best. As you may know, sometimes the perfect blade is only perfect in a certain razor model! Yeah...........it's a real pisser, but there it is. It's a 'combo'.......two pieces of the shaving puzzle that fit together perfectly.....but only with each other as partners.
    Hehe, no, this time I'm not being sarcastic.......that combo thing is real life.
    Take it or leave it as far as believing it.

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Took me a while. Stick with one till you get your technique down though.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Does it come with fries? :whacky011

6. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Sounds like you have a sampler already.

Use the blades for at least 2 weeks to get the face used to the blade unless after the first shave your face looks like hamburger, thank you Merkur.

You will find that all razors have different aggressiveness and that one blade may work here but is tolerable here. Find a good middle ground or simply stock up on those that you like.

There really is no real answer here, just go with what your face tells you.