Goat's milk?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by omegapd, Feb 13, 2009.

1. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I didn't know they even made soap out of it until I saw some on Ebay. Anyone ever tried it? What would make this better than "regular" soap?

2. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Goat's milk soap, if it's cold process, tends to be creamier and more gentle on your skin, as the milk will add more superfat.

3. Poulin

Poulin New Member

I shower with a Goat's milk soap... it lathers and moisturizes like you wouldn't believe. I wish the manufacturer made a shaving soap too... they don't though.

A fellow wetshaver who lives in Quebec found a small place that makes Goat's milk soaps and tried their shaving soap... he told me it was horrible. I was bummed out because I was hoping he was going to tell me it was wonderful and then I could have gone and bought a few cases.... Oh well!

4. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

It will add to the superfat somewhat (avg 10 grams of fat per 8 oz). It also has a lower ph than water. IMHO the best reason is because it contains alpha-hydroxy acids (well actually lactic acid which is a precusor) which break down the glue holding dead skin cells together. Unfortunatley some that call their soap goatsmilk soap dont use all milk for the water and just add a little milk at trace (just going on what I have heard on that). It has been said that Cleopatra bathed in milk.

5. mmack66

mmack66 Member

I picked up some Canus goat's milk soap at Big Lot's a while ago. It does moisturize very well.

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

That's true for some soapmakers. If you're not sure about their goat's milk content in soap, you can always send them an email and ask. :)

7. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Thanks. I may need to give it a shot...

8. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

After discovering its luxurious lather in the shower I melted down a bar of it in a shaving mug. It is as good or better than most of my shaving soaps.

9. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Colleen at The Gentlemens Quarter uses goat milk in her soaps, and it is among the best around.

10. Quest

Quest New Member

I love goatsmilk soap I get it from a local farmers market

11. Poulin

Poulin New Member

That's the stuff we have in our shower.... if only they made a shaving soap with a nice smell.