Good place to buy feather blades in bulk?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael519, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Michael519

Michael519 Member

Title says it all. Ive seen a lot of "100 for $40" offers, but they seem illigitimate to me, since I've also seen "30 for $20" offers as well.

2. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Bulk Buys give better value for money. 100 for around $40 seems about right for me.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That's a nice price. It's $5 less then I paid for just the blades last year (not including shipping).

I've purchased from him a few times. Twice the shipping was under two weeks. One of the times, took about 6 weeks for my blades to arrive. He shipped it right away, the blades just got stuck somewhere along the way.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

I've purchased from Dr. Idiot twice also. The first time, it took 10 calendar days to arrive from the day I ordered to the time I received the blades. The second time, it took 13 days.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. IAmTheJody

And just to be clear, don't confuse dridiot with idiotdoc. 2 different people. dridiot has been around a long time.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

No brainer here as has been posted! I will take Feathers all day long at thirty cents per blade (rounded up) from the fifty cents per blade at other venues

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

I also forgot to mention that if you contact him and tell him what you want and ask him just to send you a PayPal invoice for it, his products get even cheaper because he won't have eBay fees so he passes it along to the buyer that way. You just tell him you're a member at TSD or B&B, etc. Or at least he used to. I haven't purchased anything from him in a while. Doesn't hurt to try though.

9. Michael519

Michael519 Member

10. IAmTheJody

He has nearly a perfect feedback record. 99.6% for 8,695 transactions. He's sold 488 cards from this listing alone. I've had 7 transactions with him myself and not a single problem. Of course no one is saying you have to buy from him. If you feel more comfortable paying more, to someone else that isn't highly regarded in the wet shaving community, go for it. Pay no mind whatsoever to us who've been around a while and recommend him. It's your money. ;)

stingraysrock likes this.
  11. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

+1

I have had several transactions with him over the last couple of years. I've always been very happy with the outcome and his customer service.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Sparafucile

Sparafucile Member

+2!!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. Michael519

Michael519 Member

Okay. :) I went ahead and ordered from him. The order's estimated arrival is around Jan 18th. (Quite a lon time; Nearly a month away!)

I do have another question, though. Does the possibility of buying bootleg/counterfeit versions of popular blades exist on sites such as eBay? Cheaply made, cheaper in price, not authentic, yet still bears the brand name/logo and claims to be something it is not.

14. IAmTheJody

That's estimated. You'll most likely have them in 2 to 3 weeks if US customs isn't backlogged. Every time I've ordered from him, the product reached me here in Mississippi in 2 weeks. I don't know what state you're in but if you're on the West coast, you could see them sooner since they are coming from Singapore.

As for counterfeits, it does happen but they are always found out and the word spreads. Reputable sellers will take them back and refund the money. That's why we stick with those sellers such as Jason (dridiot) and others.

15. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Active Member

I have placed three order over time with him and my recollection is that the estimated shipping date was a good bit longer than the actual arrival date. About 2 weeks to GA. He provided good service and authentic products.

16. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Connaught Shaving. Around $30 for 100 blades. Plus the blades are fresher which makes a difference in performance.