Goodfella Safety Razors...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by SlagleRock, Nov 24, 2008.

1. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Has anyone here heard of Goodfella safety razors? Giving credit where credit is due, I’ll point out that I first heard of them through Doublefelix at this forum.

You can also find a link to Goodfella’s website here!

At first glance, I have to say that these are great looking razors. I’d really like to get my hands on them and give them a test drive. Could they be just what the market needs, another new, classy competitor?

Others at other forums have expressed their concern with the $75 price tag. However, I think we should give Goodfella the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how the reviews on them are once they start rolling in!

Check out the site and the razors. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Henrique

Henrique New Member

3. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Wow - that's expensive compared to a Merkur. Given I can find vintage Gillette's at a flea market for $5, the price really seems out of line. I like the look of the black cap but don't $75 dollar like it.

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Seriously, you can get a Futur for less than that. Looks like a $25 razor to me....

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Wow. Imagine holding onto that thing while shaving! That guys got his eye on the prize, and its just hoping people buy the razor for just apearance alone. Why would you ever make a completely chrome handle with no etching or burling? Its for SHAVING.

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    It's a nice lookin razor, but it seems way overpriced for it's market. Wish I had the ability to get my hands on one, but I don't see myself paying that price to give it a go.

7. JayKay

Send the guy an email, tell him you own the forum, and see if he'll send you one. Apparently it only took the guys at the other forum a couple posts to realize that they deserve a discount group buy at least, and probably expect free razors to be sent out for tests.

8. sparky5693

Administrator
    It's an interesting idea, but I don't want to assert myself like that on a vendor. If they contacted me, that would be different though. :D

9. JayKay

Well, a friendly email to check out the forum and see what people are interested in these days could help. Maybe he'll just send one. I'm not sure what this guys mission is anyway, he sells derbys for $4.50

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I think his mission is obvious -- to make lots of $$$$ :happy102

11. JayKay

Exactly. I think he could care less. Just about all of the new players producing wet shaving products have sent some samples and stuff to forum members long before they ever reached the shelf. I think the guy just wants to make a quick buck. I think he's going to get sued by AOS anyway.

12. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Why would he get sued by AOS? I think he is getting a bum rap and no one has even had the chance to review his products yet.

Remember the original iPod or how about Amazon Kindle? Both got horrible reviews from people that didn't own them, but once actual owners started reviewing them they took off and both have since become the leaders in their respective industries. I'm not implying that will be the case with Goodfella, but who knows? It's an upstart company that isn't yet mass producing.

I say we give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until legitimate reviews start rolling in.

13. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Me too Henrique since I already posted the link in the original post. I've seen other links to other forums in the past though, I don't think anyone will mind too much.

14. JayKay

I'd assume they have the art of shaving phrase copy righted and they have it written on a tab for their site.

15. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'd imagine he'd get a "cease and desist" on that for sure.

16. JayKay

Mhmm. I'd imagine AOS would be vicious.

17. Will

Will Nevermind

I wish them well but I ain't got that kind of cheese...

If you think about it the price is not too bad considering what we pay for brushes. Hell a few months ago the razor would be cheaper then filling up a F150 with gas.

18. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

I didn't even think about that connection. His "Art of Shaving" tab on the web page. That probably is something he should consider re-wording to avoid any legal trouble. Perhaps "Shaving is an art form." It conveys the same intent without risking any legal issues with the folks at The Art of Shaving.

19. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

+1 on that! Before moving to Japan a full tank of gas would run me over $85 and might last 2 weeks. Those Goodfella razors look like they would last a lifetime (and yes I realize they offer a lifetime guarantee).

20. Henrique

Henrique New Member

:o I guess I shoud pay more attention to nicknames...